Graphics
EVGA GT 740
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Prepared an USB stick with Unibeast 3.0 and Mavericks, booted from USB stick, formatted my HD on AHCI SATA Z68MX-UD2H-B3, installed Mavericks and booted again leaving the USB stick in place and used boot from it. Then installed Multibeast with settings of attached file. Everything is up and running :) Thank you!

Attachments

• z68mx-mavericks-05.mb
    4.7 KB · Views: 980
Good to hear, and thanks for the MB config file!

Your timing is also great as I am going to attempt 10.9 this weekend and have pretty much the same
setup as you. Was there anything else special that needed to be done (boot flags, etc.)?
Did you use the F12 DSDT with Multibeast?

Thanks!
m.

Have you had problems with imessages and/or icloud? Or everything work without issues ?

Which Bios version did you use? Legacy or UEFI? Thanks

Looks like Herbie524 is using the U1E bios. I'm going to try and upgrade my 10.7.4 system to the U1E bios, then Mavericks and see what happens. I'll report back any issues.

Okay after a few boot headaches I managed to upgrade from 10.7 DSDT system to a 10.9.1 UEFI system. Here's what I did.

1. I prepared a 10.9 USB boot drive using unibeast
2. I updated my bios to UE1 using a bootable USB DOS Drive prepared from rufus and the downloaded bios from Gigabyte. There are a few videos online but basically you can't use any of the gigabyte bios tools like Qupdate or @Bios when upgrading to an UEFI bios from an F bios.
3. I upgraded my 10.7 install using the guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
4. When I tried to reboot using the USB drive (per step 5), my install of 10.9 wouldn't load. I tried manually removing old kext's using terminal from the Mavericks install USB. I removed one at a time with no success and was about to give up when I noticed (using verbose loading) that the boot was loading custom DSDT's from my existing chimera setup. SO, I renamed /Extra on my 10.9 drive to /OldExtra and voila, the system booted.
5. I went ahead and updated to 10.9.1 using the app store and reboot again using the USB boot drive.
6. I installed Multibeast using the attached configuration file and rebooted again without the USB boot drive with no crashes so far.

I've rerun a benchmark score and things seem comparable. I'll do some testing but things look to be working quite well. Now I just need to manage all the update issues many face when upgrading Mac OS X, like incompatible software, etc...

Attachments

• My10.9.1 Setup.mb
    5.3 KB · Views: 309
Okay after a few boot headaches I managed to upgrade from 10.7 DSDT system to a 10.9.1 UEFI system. Here's what I did.

2. I updated my bios to UE1 using a bootable USB DOS Drive prepared from rufus and the downloaded bios from Gigabyte. There are a few videos online but basically you can't use any of the gigabyte bios tools like Qupdate or @Bios when upgrading to an UEFI bios from an F bios.
3. I upgraded my 10.7 install using the guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
4. When I tried to reboot using the USB drive (per step 5), my install of 10.9 wouldn't load. I tried manually removing old kext's using terminal from the Mavericks install USB. I removed one at a time with no success and was about to give up when I noticed (using verbose loading) that the boot was loading custom DSDT's from my existing chimera setup. SO, I renamed /Extra on my 10.9 drive to /OldExtra and voila, the system booted.
5. I went ahead and updated to 10.9.1 using the app store and reboot again using the USB boot drive.
6. I installed Multibeast using the attached configuration file and rebooted again without the USB boot drive with no crashes so far.

I've rerun a benchmark score and things seem comparable. I'll do some testing but things look to be working quite well. Now I just need to manage all the update issues many face when upgrading Mac OS X, like incompatible software, etc...

thanks a lot for your post DrOptiks, I really appreciate it as I will have to update a hackintosh of a my friend (he has z68mx, I installed for him 10.6.8 years ago :) )

I guess you are using hd3000 integrated graphics, if so, can you confirm it is perfectly working, no glitches/artifacts, and what outputs are actually working (all? vga-hdmi-dvi?)

thanks in advance and in any case for your time
bye!

For graphics I use a secondary ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card instead of the integrated HD3000 so I can't speak to its functionality. No problems or artifacts with the ATI card, however. I have noticed two oddities in that there is now a sound pop occurring upon boot and I've been losing my network connectivity. I used to drop my network under 10.7.4 but it seems to be happening more now. I suspect it might be a compatibility issue with the Lnx2Mac's port of the Linux RTL81xx driver.

I have the same hardware config as you, used your .mb file, and I have no keyboard or mouse at the login screen. They worked after install in the unibeast boot, but not when booting up after multibeast. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back