XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I followed TonyMac's Update Guide found here, and I was able to install Yosemite over my Mavericks drive. I rebooted from UniBeast and ran MultiBeast on my new Yosemite drive. After that I could not reboot normally through my Yosemite drive, nor could I boot with the UniBeast drive. I kept getting a slow-loading bar and then a grey screen with a crossed out circle.

It was suggested here to remove the 3rd Party SATA kext, which I did. I'm now up and running on my Yosemite drive! But of course, it's not flawless.

Not Working/Problems:

• No iMessage
  • Hard Drives Appear as External

Half Working:

• FaceTime Audio Issues (see here)
  • No AirDrop Between my Hack and my iPhone (this may be because of system definition of Mac Pro 3,1 and/or WiFi/BT hardware compatability)

Working:

• ​iCloud
  • iTunes
  • App Store
  • Sleep/Wake
  • Audio (I had to change Sound Output to Internal Speakers within System Preferences)

The best I can tell everything else is running okay. I'll update this if I find out any more information.

Hi mate

I see you checked no audio. Did you manage to get the sound to work? Alc889 for this configuration doesnt work for me. Alc889 does work for previous versions

Thanks

I got the sound to work by going to System Preferences>Sound>Output and setting it to Internal Speakers.

My system has had a problem where the audio breaks after sleep, which has happened since 10.9.3. Yosemite does not fix that problem, so I still need to use the Reset AppleHDA app that was floating around the web. (This has nothing to do with what you asked, but it may be relevant)

i have a similar config and the same chipset alc 889, also for me audio is working, the native config after a fresh install was to hear the audio output via hdmi from my nvidia graphic card and my built-in speaker in my monitor, and in preferences i flag the output speakers and now are working the speakers with green plug, but i think that is not well recognized, if you see in your system definitions the audio chipset it's not property recognized with the name alc 889 isn't it?

You're right. If I go to System Report and check under Audio, ALC889 is nowhere to be found.

Are you saying that this is a problem? I honestly have no idea if it ever showed up there.

well it's not recognized like alc 889 chipset, maybe it's like a "generic" sound card and can loose some chipset performance. i hope in a fix, i'm in the same situation

Hi,

Could you please share your MB configuration?
I've tried to update my box from 10.9.5 to 10.10 but finally has broken the system and had to do fresh install.
Now I see gray screen with "disabled" sign in the center in case of booting from the ssd. Tried a lot of configurations but unsuccessfully :(

Thank you.

Unable to boot after installation. I get stuck on Apple screen. Progress bar doesn't move at all.

Tried multiple re-installations. I even wiped my existing drive data to do a clean install, still no cigar.

FullSizeRender-1.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Hi,

Could you please share your MB configuration?
I've tried to update my box from 10.9.5 to 10.10 but finally has broken the system and had to do fresh install.
Now I see gray screen with "disabled" sign in the center in case of booting from the ssd. Tried a lot of configurations but unsuccessfully :(

Thank you.

Here is what I used with MultiBeast:

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 10.07.55 PM.png

Remember, though, after I did this I couldn't boot at all. I had to boot through my backup drive and use Finder to go in and delete the 3rd Party SATA kext.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 7.22.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 7.22.44 PM.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back