Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 DSDT/Appstore Issues - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev 1.3
CPU
Core i5-2500K
Graphics
eVGA Geforce 560 (vanilla)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all,

Processor: i5-2500k
RAM: 12 GB
GPU: nVidia Geforce 560

After creating a Mountain Lion Unibeast drive and installing. Everything works out of the box, except for audio. I can easily get audio working by installing the HDA enabler for my audio device (889). Only trouble is, when attempting to get anything from the app store (even though my ethernet adapter is at en0 and working) I get the whole "Your device or computer could not be verified. Please contact support for assistance." error.

Alternatively, if I try to use my DSDT file, my system the crashes just after the PCI configuration is complete with a hang of "Waiting for root device...". I've tried switching various boot flags, and the system still boots after this no problem with the -x flag, so I'm guessing it has to be a flag or something wrong. I have tried this with both F9 bios firmware and even upgraded to F10 (the most recent) and have the same issue. Is my only option splicing the Device EFI into the boot or whatever?

If I can get either of these installations working (preferably the DSDT one, I'm assuming it'll fix my store issue), it would be amazing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Shameless self bump.

I'm getting the same App store error now with my Lion install. I haven't tried ML yet. Before with SL, I was able to access the App Store no problem. Now however after I updated to Lion, no access. I did use a DSDT file after my Lion install so I think we are in the same boat with the motherboards.

I'm going to try to tinker with the boot flags. I used to get some pci config error messages before I put the ncpi=3000 code thing in the plist. I also changed one other thing to make my Mac show 64 bit extensions that Tony put on the blog (regarding preparing your hack for ML). Iirc I think it was a 1386 type of flag or something in the plist key I had to remove. I wonder if that now is affecting my system and App store?

I am using F10 bios I believe. Sorry, I've had a long day and can't remember off top of my head on what bios I have. I'll double-check later today. I hope we can get this resolved so I can then update to ML!!

Good luck, hope some of my sleepy banter helps!

Oh also which computer definition are you using? I think my hack is profile Mac pro 3,1. Again I'll double check that later today. Maybe changing it to another profile might help?

Thanks for the brain refresher. I think I may have an idea that I'll need to test when I get home. I (may) have realized what I've been doing wrong. Because I used Unibeast to install ML to a 8GB partition off my main drive, I'm all but certain I've been booting from my Unibeast partitions Chameleon - and not my main drive's. This would mean it's probably loading the DSDT file, but none of the appropriate plist flags to keep it from crashing.

I'll need to test this when I get home.

As for the DSDTless solution, I'm not sure what exactly is preventing my connection to the appstore. I've even tried re-installing Mac Pro 3,1 system defs and lnx ethernet drivers.

I have the same board and had crash issues when using the User DSDT. I have the F8 version, and what I had to do was just install ML ontop of SL, and since most everything worked out of box I didn't run User DSDT again. Everything worked OOB for me except ethernet, which is the only kext I ran in multibeast. Boot works fine, too. Hope this helps, I'd steer away from using the User DSDT and trying the above link to fix app store issue.

Yeah, I may just use my SL disc, then upgrade to ML since it sounds like that's the way to do it according to the guide. I'll probably give the DSDT solution one more go.

Fix

I had the same problems and spend a lot of time finding a fix. Following solution worked for me, never had the problem again.:

For anyone else with similar symptoms, the ONLY way to fix this (in my case anyways) was to add the EFI string for ethernet card to the boot.plist..

To do this i:
- downloaded EFI Studio, selected Ethernet, selected Add Device. Then clicked write to com.apple.boot.plist.
- Then went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/apple.com.boot.plist and selected the new key and string it added.
- Then coped this string and pasted into the /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist file and saved.

Then important STEP!
- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

I had the same problems and spend a lot of time finding a fix. Following solution worked for me, never had the problem again.:

For anyone else with similar symptoms, the ONLY way to fix this (in my case anyways) was to add the EFI string for ethernet card to the boot.plist..

To do this i:
- downloaded EFI Studio, selected Ethernet, selected Add Device. Then clicked write to com.apple.boot.plist.
- Then went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/apple.com.boot.plist and selected the new key and string it added.
- Then coped this string and pasted into the /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist file and saved.

Then important STEP!
- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

An important distinction to make about this problem is: Did this occur after successfully installing your DSDT via Multibeast or did the problem occur because you opted to *not* use a DSDT and this was the solution to get it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back