Graphics
zotac GT430 1Ghz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 with the Bios F3.
I would like update it.
I search on your forum, the last dsdt file is to the F6 BIOS. But the F8 BIOS is already out.

Where can i find the dsdt for this BIOS. It's better for me to use the BIOS F6 with the DSDT F6 or the BIOS F8 with the DSDT F6 ?

Thanks for your answer.

I also just bought this motherboard, version 2, but the newest Bios is FD. Don't understand how you get F3-F6

I am looking to support for the hdmi gfx cart for which I believe it is intel hd3000

I have a rev 1.0

All you got to do is downgrade or upgrade the Firmware bios version. Go to gigabyte web site and read what new changes they done to the firmware, if you think it is Okay becase they fixed something you don't need, then I guess it is Okay to downgrade. You can always go back to the newest firmware. Go to youtube and search for how to upgrade you gigabyte bios, same for downgrade. Be careful following the steps and make sure you have the right files for you motherboard.

fafarun said:
I have a gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 with the Bios F3.
I would like update it.
I search on your forum, the last dsdt file is to the F6 BIOS. But the F8 BIOS is already out.

Where can i find the dsdt for this BIOS. It's better for me to use the BIOS F6 with the DSDT F6 or the BIOS F8 with the DSDT F6 ?

Thanks for your answer.
This is not a problem!

You always need to have an equal or higher bios than your DSDT! Not the other way around!

-->> DSDT F8 & Bios F11 = OK // DSDT F8 & Bios F8 = OK // DSDT F8 & Bios F6 = BAD

Please don't downgrade your bios, just flash to the latest one available.

Thanks for this anwser.
I'll do it this week-end.

I don't know why it will be bad to downgrade a bios?, I got this Z68XP-UD3 F9. I tried to install 10.6.3 and failed all the time, So I thought maybe something in the bios, so I downgraded the bios to F8, and then the intallation worked. So I guess this will be an option if your installation fails.

This is not a problem!

You always need to have an equal or higher bios than your DSDT! Not the other way around!

-->> DSDT F8 & Bios F11 = OK // DSDT F8 & Bios F8 = OK // DSDT F8 & Bios F6 = BAD

Please don't downgrade your bios, just flash to the latest one available.
Never knew that!
Wait!...so,why do they update DSDT's,they could leave the first version for every MB :shifty:

Anyway,i updated my BIOS to F8 (i was on F6 before) and i made an F8 DSDT following Samisnake's Custom DSDT guide. Tested and working! :thumbup:
I'll post the DSDT file here and the F8 Bios(it's a pain in the a** if u don't have Windows,cause it's an exe file that u have to run in order to extract it -.- )
//BIOS is for GA-Z68AP-D3 rev. 1.0 ;same DSDT works for rev 2.0, only BIOS changes

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Z68APD3.F8.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 193
alex_tzardea said:
Anyway,i updated my BIOS to F8 (i was on F6 before) and i made an F8 DSDT following Samisnake's Custom DSDT guide. Tested and working! :thumbup:
I'll post the DSDT file here and the F8 Bios(it's a pain in the a** if u don't have Windows,cause it's an exe file that u have to run in order to extract it -.- )

Thanks,
I'll use this tomorrow.
It's easy to update the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back