Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

Installed over a fresh Clover installation of Yosemite. Followed all of the steps in Tony's UniBeast install method, using step 6 for the post installation methods. All of the problems that were in Yosemite (graphics) had been solved.

I received the following panic at boot. I did refer to the Kernel Panic or other Reboot Loop from the Big List of Solutions thread, but recognized that I've reached a point where asking for help is better than scouring the forums.

Reboot and selected El Capitan drive via clover
MobOPGD.jpg

Verbose
w6kgzp2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Please, any help or suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

I made a new UniBeast install USB in an attempt to start over. After selecting Boot Mac OS X from USB and reaching the installer, I only have access to the USB, and not the SSD I want to install El Capitan on. Can't access it from Disk Utility, or Install Location. Kind of stuck at the moment.

Please, any help or suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

I made a new UniBeast install USB in an attempt to start over. After selecting Boot Mac OS X from USB and reaching the installer, I only have access to the USB, and not the SSD I want to install El Capitan on. Can't access it from Disk Utility, or Install Location. Kind of stuck at the moment.

From where did you obtain your El Capitan installer ?

Try to disable usb3 from bios and check in bios if your cpu graphics is disabled if not supported. I would also remove everything connected to usb if you needed to install a kext to use them.

Hi all,

Installed over a fresh Clover installation of Yosemite. Followed all of the steps in Tony's UniBeast install method, using step 6 for the post installation methods. All of the problems that were in Yosemite (graphics) had been solved.

I received the following panic at boot. I did refer to the Kernel Panic or other Reboot Loop from the Big List of Solutions thread, but recognized that I've reached a point where asking for help is better than scouring the forums.

Reboot and selected El Capitan drive via clover
MobOPGD.jpg

Verbose
w6kgzp2.jpg

Thanks in advance!
your second image, the boot arguments look corrupted, not seen that before. is your config.plist ok?

Try to disable usb3 from bios and check in bios if your cpu graphics is disabled if not supported. I would also remove everything connected to usb if you needed to install a kext to use them.
Thanks. Will try. I know usb3 is already disabled. CPU graphics are intel HD 3000 - which I'm almost certain are supported. I'll remove all external drives and my propellerhead sound card (attached via usb) and see what happens.

your second image, the boot arguments look corrupted, not seen that before. is your config.plist ok?

My confit.plist was the standard one downloaded from the clover guide for Yosemite install bottom of post #1. I then followed the step 6 post installation method from Tony's guide linked above.
Could that have changed the config.plist? The install & initial reboot worked fine. After post installation guide, I tried to reboot from system drive and got the errors.

Disregard previous exchange - My bad. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

From your pictures it would appear that you have multiple copies and different versions of FakeSMC.kext.
It may not help but it is something to check.

Last edited:
Disregard previous exchange - My bad. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
Thanks! You had me sweating for a second there :crazy:

From your pictures it would appear that you have multiple copies and different versions of FakeSMC.kext.
It may not help but it is something to check.

I saw that too. Not sure how it happened. (I thought I read that UniBeast would delete all other copies)
I was going to try updating through terminal using rabbit74's Updating FakeSMC Guide but my OS drive wasn't mounted once I reached the installer screen - no dice.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'll try everything once I'm off of work and bring any updates here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back