RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am thinking, perhaps @jb007 can take a look at this one...

#1 Hackintool allowed me to map out my ports on this "Z390I Aorus Pro Wifi" board. But, XHCI --> XHC is not available in Clover Configurator.
I am thinking it is because I already have XHCI-unsupported.kext installed. But, I would like to know for sure if this is the case.
Otherwise, how do I get XHCI --> XHC patch enabled?

#2 I am showing NO "SS" ports... And, this is a USB 3.0/3.1 gen1&2 mainboard. I finally figured what I was doing wrong to not see the SSxx ports.
The controller is reported as "XHC 300-series 0x8086-0xA36D" (Therefore the above kext is installed per the instructions.)

Unneeded ports are:
HS01 Unknown location
HS02 Unknown location
HS11 Internal
HS12 Internal
HS14 Internal
USR1 <--- Whatever that is

So... we delete them from Hackintool.

I am trying to build the correct patch/kext to enable these ports at the correct speeds:
HS03 ~ HS10
HS13 (Internal)

Here is the map of the available USB ports.
GA-Z390IPROWIFI_USB_Layout.png

Wait a tick! RTFP... I missed the part where you reboot disabling HSxx ports. This allows you to see the SSxx ports... OK then...

SS03 and SS04 correspond to HS03 and HS04
SS06 and SS05 correspond to HS06 and HS05 and are Gen 2
SS07 and SS08 correspond to HS07 and HS08...
I'm starting to see a pattern here.
SS09 and SS10 are apparently related to the two front USB ports. They correspond to HS09 and HS10 on the front panel.

OK... So that leaves me with 16 ports listed:
HS03~10, 13
SS04~10

So, my understanding is that I must choose a MAX of 15 NAMED ports... So, I choose to sacrifice SS04 which leaves me with 15 named USB ports. (Deleted SS04 from the Hackintool list) HS04 will operate at slower USB speeds - But SHOULD still work... If I am understanding it correctly.

OK. With my ports all layed out in Hackintool, I am ready to create a magic file...

I create USBPorts.kext using the export function of Hackintools...
Move the file to my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder
Remove USBInjectAll from L/E/ and rebuild kextcache in terminal. (also remove it from your EFI kexts/Other/ folder if it is there too.)
Remove the related -uia... boot flags from Clover...

And,

Reboot...

If you don't see an edit here yelling SUCCESS!!... Then I trashed my system and, will need a while to gather myself. Cross your fingers and wish me luck.
I did indeed succeed in following instructions. Hopefully, my efforts will help someone else out in the future.

Please take the time and create your own USBPorts.kext - The journey taught me so much about my system and the methods the pros have used for hacking them.

Rebooting... now. SuccefullUSB patch!
Thanks SO much to @headkaze for producing such an easy to use tool for doing something VERY complicated.

As far as I can tell, I have full USB3.0 and 3.1 capability. Further testing will reveal if I messed up something. But, I KNOW that my 3.1gen1 and gen2 ports work perfectly with the generated kext.

Being noob is SO much fun.

Last edited:
change XHCI to XHC
Find 58484349
Replace 5848435F
Thank you for your reply. It took me a while to realize I could enter it manually. I completed the process of creating the USBPorts.kext without that entered.
While everything SEEMS to work perfectly, did I screw it up somehow by not using that patch?

Attachments

• MiniZee_USBPorts_Patch.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Thanks for that! I will know better on my next system later this week.
Give us a yell if you still need me Ken. Looking at you IOreg file, it looks OK to me.
Jim

Give us a yell if you still need me Ken. Looking at you IOreg file, it looks OK to me.
Jim

Thanks Jim! I was taken aback at how straight-forward the USB patch process was. Even I got it on my first try - using @jaymonkey 's "Idiot's Guide to Lilu..."
Had to re-read it a few times to correct some missed steps. But, it seems to work beautifully.

I am currently seeking help with audio on the same board. The Z390s are not cooperating with AppleALC. So, it may become a custom job.

@jb007 ;

I noticed last night that my USB ports are not charging while sleeping on this board. The additional current values are all '0' when iphone is attached and charging. And, charging stops as soon as it sleeps.

I recall your SSDT fix on the Z370 Aorus fixed this issue on that build. What can you tell me about fixing the same issue on the Z390I? I have resisted learning how to create SSDT patches in favor of the quick and easy Hackintools fix.

But, it might be catching up to me this time as USBports.kext isn't enabling this important feature.

Hi @HackinMax, try putting these two files in your ACPI/Patched folder. Give it a go and let us know how you go. Not sure ATM whether they will work with the Hackintools USB patch... maybe you could upload the patch for me to study?
I'm not working for the next two days... so gives us a yell if you need anything. I will most probably incorporate this patches in with other SSDT patches that I'm evaluating for the TB3 Titan Ridge and other things based on the KGP thread.
Jim

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 97
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 100
Hi @HackinMax, try putting these two files in your ACPI/Patched folder. Give it a go and let us know how you go. Not sure ATM whether they will work with the Hackintools USB patch... maybe you could upload the patch for me to study?
I'm not working for the next two days... so gives us a yell if you need anything. I will most probably incorporate this patches in with other SSDT patches that I'm evaluating for the TB3 Titan Ridge and other things based on the KGP thread.
Jim
Thanks for this... Should I unload my USBports.kext before doing this. Ignore me... I'm trying to do ten things at once. I finally slowed down and read your instructions. BRB (Fighting with video right now... And, I'm not winning)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back