Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GA-Z370N WIFI / i5-8500 / UHD630 cannot boot from USB after initial install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is regarding the SonOfZee build in my build-list. (There was no selection for i5-8500 on the build-signature page)

Installed MacOS (Mojave) from Unibeast successfully. But, on reboot, Unibeast USB cannot boot back into the installed OS to run Multibeast.

Verbose boot mode hangs after PTIDSensors message or apfs_module_start...

Where should I begin troubleshooting this one?

I have been working on this. And, managed to get it past the apfs_module_start line in the verbose output. I am not sure how. It just is what it is.
Now, it freezes at (see attached scrshot)

Original Unibeast EFI cannot boot either installer or the installed OS.
[EDIT: I have corrected this by exploring the available SMBs. iMac17,1 is the one that booted this configuration up for me. The original SMB was 14,1 from the Unibeast stick.]

note: The stock intel wifi card has been removed. In its place is a completely modded WiFi assembly with a BCM94360CS2 in an M.2 adapter. (So, that's why you are seeing the AirPort messages in output)

Note to self: When it won't boot, check the SMB fallbacks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Note to future victims of the same problem... Try changing the SMB on your UniBeast USB to a better or at least neutral match for your system. iMac 17,1 got this booted even though the final SMB for the system wound up being MacMini8,1.

Live, Learn... Repeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back