Contribute
Register

GA-Z270X-UD5 - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 16Gb ram - M.2 NVME - ALC1220 - BCM943602CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dracon, oh that's great to hear! Do you remember which tutorial/guide you followed to do the upgrade? I know there's two different methods: Change the partition to APFS, or, keep it HFS+...

@dracon, oh that's great to hear! Do you remember which tutorial/guide you followed to do the upgrade? I know there's two different methods: Change the partition to APFS, or, keep it HFS+...

I've run both without any issues, I'm currently on HFS+J but I'll probably go back to APFS once 10.14.x is available. I didn't follow too much any build specific guide as I've been doing this for awhile. But mostly used a stock DSDT and added additional SSDTs for all the extra stuff (USB, NVIDIA, etc).

@GBeckman, can you update this build to 10.13? I've been nervous about upgrading it. I have-- pretty much-- your exact build (but with a GTX 980ti).

yeah! +1 !! I have almost the same build, and I was wondering how much of a hassle is to upgrade to High Sierra.

I've run both without any issues, I'm currently on HFS+J but I'll probably go back to APFS once 10.14.x is available. I didn't follow too much any build specific guide as I've been doing this for awhile. But mostly used a stock DSDT and added additional SSDTs for all the extra stuff (USB, NVIDIA, etc).

Dracon, since GBeckman has entirely disappeared, would it be possible for you to provide a walk through to us n00bs? Now that 10.14 is out, my build is looking pretty old. FCP is having all sorts of issues (and I have a 980 Ti) rendering 3D fonts. I WANT to do what you said to do, but I don't quite understand.. Any recommendations, or a walk through?

I'm kinda lost here. Could anyone tell me how to run dual monitor setup on my spec?
Currently, only one monitor that plugged into hdmi port is working for DVI port isn't working.

Looking to hearing from you guys. Thanks

I have a Z270 I just updated to Catalina 10.15.4. I have a USB headphone amp I use for audio so I may not be able to help if you're trying to configure or use internal audio.

@GBeckman hi there,

I used this guide some time ago to build my system with exactly the same hardware as you had, and everything went smoothly.

Today i had to reinstall in the same system and unfortunately i'm having all sorts of problems.

Finder not working, system freezes and/or restart randomly, it's chaos.

Did something change?? (beside version of CloverConfigurator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back