Contribute
Register

GA-Z270X-UD5 - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 16Gb ram - M.2 NVME - ALC1220 - BCM943602CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, thats a lot of kexts! I have nearly the same build as you, but my USB 3.0/.1 ports don't seem to be recognizing my USB 3 devices (even plugged-in at boot). I saw on a later posts that @dracon suggests installing a certain kext, and then modifying based on which USB Header I used on the MoBo for the front of the computer case (Phantek ENTHOO EVOLV, USB 3_1 Header I think)... Any suggestions to get USB 3 working right/are all of those kexts necessary??

Hi there. Not my thread I know but to sort USB ports I'd recommend reading the first part of @RehabMan 's thread here.

You may have done this already, but basically you *probably* need the renaming EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02, the custom SSDT for port definitions and USBInjectAll.kext. There's a full guide there to build your SSDT but a shorter one by @ammulder might also help - Section 7 USB Fix onwards.

The above has worked for me on my Gigabyte Z270 motherboard. No need to modify any kexts as such.

:)

Hi there. Not my thread I know but to sort USB ports I'd recommend reading the first part of @RehabMan 's thread here.

You may have done this already, but basically you *probably* need the renaming EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02, the custom SSDT for port definitions and USBInjectAll.kext. There's a full guide there to build your SSDT but a shorter one by @ammulder might also help - Section 7 USB Fix onwards.

The above has worked for me on my Gigabyte Z270 motherboard. No need to modify any kexts as such.

:)
Thanks for your reply! I actually got it to work by using MultiBeast, and installing 2 different USB kexts (no need for RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext, although his work is always very thorough and excellent). I also have a Gigabyte Z270 motherboard, and as you can see (see attached picture) USB 3 devices are now recognized/run in their native speed.

Thank you for your reply though! I <3 this forum; everybody's always willing to help, because we're all here for the same reason: Positively-modifying a beautiful architecture to fit our needs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 7.58.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 7.58.52 PM.png
    243 KB · Views: 172
I'm going to have to review this thread very carefully.. I have the same MoBoard and am having speed issues with my TP-Link AC1900 WiFi PCI-Express Wireless Network . I'm wondering what the effort is to get the MoBoard ethernet working.

I'm a noooooooobie... so please take this question as serious. Here it is.. If I want to change configurations, say I first put in graphics when I ran MultiBeast and didn't realize I needed NVidia drivers. I just need to boot to my USB/Sierra and launch MultiBeast there, right? Or can I boot to my Sierra SSD and run MultiBeast there?

My assumption is that MultiBeast is the tool to use to reconfigure options for the Hackintosh and I don't need to go all the way back to building Unibeast and re-build.

I know the Nvidia & Wifi are separate issues, but still trying to get a handle on the tools to use.

Thanks for any help.

@GBeckman I have what appears to be the exact build as you list. I had Sierra booting from the SSD, however, my wifi was horrible (15-20gb download vs 45 with my MBPro). So I decided to start over taking the top of this thread and going step-by-step.

I also removed the GEForce graphics card and enabled the onboard (as per thread). I'm attempting to boot from my USB and I'm at the Apple Logo about 90% of the way there. Did you encounter this during your build? I was up to STEP 4 and had planned on erasing my Sierra SSD and starting over, but been stuck at 90% for about 5 minutes.

Any suggestions?

@GBeckman As briefly discussed on the Audio thread, I can help you get HDMI audio and everything working on your build.

I went a slightly different way on building mine, heavily utilizing SSDT hot patching to get full functionality (except wake/sleep with the HD630, apparently wake/sleep doesn't work properly on the HD5xx and HD6xx graphics cards, however once I installed my discrete graphics card and disabled the iGPU I have full wake/sleep functionality).

I've attached my CLOVER folder (serial number redacted) for how I ran with the iGPU and had full functionality (except sleep/wake) for reference. I didn't really require *any* of the Clover built-in DSDT patching (like the FixShutdown), actually *very* few of the built-in Clover fixes/patching was required, everything is done via SSDT hot patching so I should be able to upgrade BIOS and such without having to redo a bunch of stuff.

A couple things to note:
  • I have all my "critical" kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USB kexts)
    • This is so all critical functionality works even if I go into the recovery partition (graphics, network, USB3.0 ports etc).
    • The "Extensions" zip file has the two extensions needed to enable audio (200 series audio patch) just load them into /Library/Extensions
  • All of the SSDT hot patches are in EFI/ACPI/Patched there are a number of them
    • You will need all of the DSDT renames in the config.plist in order for these to work properly
  • You will also need to edit the SSDT-UIAC to match your USB configuration on your board, if you need help with it I can easily help out. Just need to know which internal USB headers you are using.
    • However, you won't need the port limit patch any longer in most cases as you should be under the 15 port limit
    • Also, with the other SSDT patches in place and working, you'll have full USB functionality, power management, high power charging, even allowing the system to continue charging a device while the system is asleep (which was pretty cool to me!).
So, I didn't realise we had to run the XHCI 200 series kext?

I always understood it was dangerous to run that for long periods of times, and that it should only be used on a short temporary basis?

I thought with a properly configured SSDT, we don't need that? Or do I have my understanding completely wrong..

@GBeckman As briefly discussed on the Audio thread, I can help you get HDMI audio and everything working on your build.

I went a slightly different way on building mine, heavily utilizing SSDT hot patching to get full functionality (except wake/sleep with the HD630, apparently wake/sleep doesn't work properly on the HD5xx and HD6xx graphics cards, however once I installed my discrete graphics card and disabled the iGPU I have full wake/sleep functionality).

I've attached my CLOVER folder (serial number redacted) for how I ran with the iGPU and had full functionality (except sleep/wake) for reference. I didn't really require *any* of the Clover built-in DSDT patching (like the FixShutdown), actually *very* few of the built-in Clover fixes/patching was required, everything is done via SSDT hot patching so I should be able to upgrade BIOS and such without having to redo a bunch of stuff.

A couple things to note:
  • I have all my "critical" kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USB kexts)
    • This is so all critical functionality works even if I go into the recovery partition (graphics, network, USB3.0 ports etc).
    • The "Extensions" zip file has the two extensions needed to enable audio (200 series audio patch) just load them into /Library/Extensions
  • All of the SSDT hot patches are in EFI/ACPI/Patched there are a number of them
    • You will need all of the DSDT renames in the config.plist in order for these to work properly
  • You will also need to edit the SSDT-UIAC to match your USB configuration on your board, if you need help with it I can easily help out. Just need to know which internal USB headers you are using.
    • However, you won't need the port limit patch any longer in most cases as you should be under the 15 port limit
    • Also, with the other SSDT patches in place and working, you'll have full USB functionality, power management, high power charging, even allowing the system to continue charging a device while the system is asleep (which was pretty cool to me!).
Hey, I just copied this clover folder over, and my machine boots all fine into High Sierra (I have the same config as you), however my USB 3 devices still are not being recognized.

Any suggestions on why this might be?

I've edited the SSDT-UIAC file to remove ports I do not use..

Hey, I just copied this clover folder over, and my machine boots all fine into High Sierra (I have the same config as you), however my USB 3 devices still are not being recognized.

Any suggestions on why this might be?

I've edited the SSDT-UIAC file to remove ports I do not use..

@arjunchawada, did you see my post, four posts above yours? I was able to get all of my USB 3 ports working-- And all of my USB 3 devices are now recognized and run in their native speed. I'm sure @GBeckman can edit his original post to include the USB 3 fix in time.

@arjunchawada, did you see my post, four posts above yours? I was able to get all of my USB 3 ports working-- And all of my USB 3 devices are now recognized and run in their native speed. I'm sure @GBeckman can edit his original post to include the USB 3 fix in time.
Absolutely! So what were the two USB kexts you used from MultiBeast to get your USB 3 working?

A couple things to note:
I just wanted to thank you for this post.

After a week of searching, reading guides, getting overwhelmed with the information out there, I followed your post, used your ACPI patched files, corrected the ports in the .AML file, and just used USBInjectAll.kext, and now all my ports are working perfectly and the correct speeds.

It took a while to find this post, but I'm very glad I did!

I now have all USB ports working (USB 2, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, USB C), Thunderbolt, sleep, no shutdown issues, no raise port limit patch, fully out of the box Vega graphics support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back