CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1080ti 11GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@GBeckman As briefly discussed on the Audio thread, I can help you get HDMI audio and everything working on your build.

I went a slightly different way on building mine, heavily utilizing SSDT hot patching to get full functionality (except wake/sleep with the HD630, apparently wake/sleep doesn't work properly on the HD5xx and HD6xx graphics cards, however once I installed my discrete graphics card and disabled the iGPU I have full wake/sleep functionality).

I've attached my CLOVER folder (serial number redacted) for how I ran with the iGPU and had full functionality (except sleep/wake) for reference. I didn't really require *any* of the Clover built-in DSDT patching (like the FixShutdown), actually *very* few of the built-in Clover fixes/patching was required, everything is done via SSDT hot patching so I should be able to upgrade BIOS and such without having to redo a bunch of stuff.

A couple things to note:
  • I have all my "critical" kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USB kexts)
    • This is so all critical functionality works even if I go into the recovery partition (graphics, network, USB3.0 ports etc).
    • The "Extensions" zip file has the two extensions needed to enable audio (200 series audio patch) just load them into /Library/Extensions
  • All of the SSDT hot patches are in EFI/ACPI/Patched there are a number of them
    • You will need all of the DSDT renames in the config.plist in order for these to work properly
  • You will also need to edit the SSDT-UIAC to match your USB configuration on your board, if you need help with it I can easily help out. Just need to know which internal USB headers you are using.
    • However, you won't need the port limit patch any longer in most cases as you should be under the 15 port limit
    • Also, with the other SSDT patches in place and working, you'll have full USB functionality, power management, high power charging, even allowing the system to continue charging a device while the system is asleep (which was pretty cool to me!).
Hi @dracon, I'm planning to switch for you method of using ssdt. I have one question, I use my hack with a discrete card (nvidia 1080ti) and I am in doubt if i need to use any aditional ssdt or modify your SSDT-HDMI-HD630. For the record, right now, I use DSDT patches in config plist for my setup (GFX0 to IGPU, PEG to GFX0, HECI to IMEI, HDAS to HDEF) and use the connectionless version of the HD630 id (0x59120003) with inject intel activated. Is there any additional procedure needed in my case? Thanks for the help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Color Classic
  5. eMac
  6. iMac
  7. LC
  8. Performa
  9. Plus
  10. Power Mac
  11. PowerBook
  12. Quadra
  13. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@GBeckman ,

After lots of trial and error (I had a faulty CPU cable, that was fun/hours to troubleshoot), I successfully managed to install 10.12.6 using your guide! :D

Only 1 major problem though: Clover Configurator, where is it?? ....

EDIT: Disregard!! I must have downloaded an older version of Clover Configurator, or something, but I fixed it. My build is complete! Thank you for all of your help, and this guide! Please update this when High Sierra comes out, if you can.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Performa
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @dracon, I'm planning to switch for you method of using ssdt. I have one question, I use my hack with a discrete card (nvidia 1080ti) and I am in doubt if i need to use any aditional ssdt or modify your SSDT-HDMI-HD630. For the record, right now, I use DSDT patches in config plist for my setup (GFX0 to IGPU, PEG to GFX0, HECI to IMEI, HDAS to HDEF) and use the connectionless version of the HD630 id (0x59120003) with inject intel activated. Is there any additional procedure needed in my case? Thanks for the help!

No, you technically don't need it, you can leave it in there and it won't hurt anything. If you want to use HDMI/DP Audio on the NVIDIA card you'll use the NVIDIA SSDT from Toleda.

I'm using a 980ti currently, I just set the IGPU to auto in the BIOS (disables automatically when discrete graphics are installed).

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1080ti 11GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
No, you technically don't need it, you can leave it in there and it won't hurt anything. If you want to use HDMI/DP Audio on the NVIDIA card you'll use the NVIDIA SSDT from Toleda.

I'm using a 980ti currently, I just set the IGPU to auto in the BIOS (disables automatically when discrete graphics are installed).
I use all the SSDT and config.plist mods that you use, and everything is working. The only think that I needed to change is the platform id in the SSDT-HDMI-HD630 to 0x59120003, and Quicksync is working. I also delete the inject Intel and the ID platform value in the config.plist. The only problem that I facing right now is that the USB 3.1 port is not working anymore after I used the UIAC SSDT. Do you have a SSDT for the USB 3.1 controller? I will try the toleda NVIDIA SSDT for the HDMI/DP audio, but people say that it doesn't work with Pascal cards.

Thank you for the help!

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Performa
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use all the SSDT and config.plist mods that you use, and everything is working. The only think that I needed to change is the platform id in the SSDT-HDMI-HD630 to 0x59120003, and Quicksync is working. I also delete the inject Intel and the ID platform value in the config.plist. The only problem that I facing right now is that the USB 3.1 port is not working anymore after I used the UIAC SSDT. Do you have a SSDT for the USB 3.1 controller? I will try the toleda NVIDIA SSDT for the HDMI/DP audio, but people say that it doesn't work with Pascal cards.

Thank you for the help!

Don't need a SSDT for the USB 3.1 controller. It's a completely separate controller and UIAC doesn't touch it.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1080ti 11GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Don't need a SSDT for the USB 3.1 controller. It's a completely separate controller and UIAC doesn't touch it.
I discovery the error, i use all of the 15 usb ports in the UIAC SSDT. After assign only 14 ports on the UIAC SSDT, the usb 3.1 port is working again.

I install the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 from toleda but HDMI audio is not working. I also install the HMDIAudio.kext and now i have audio over displayport. I also change the layout ID of the SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1 and from the HDAU section of the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 to 11 (0x0B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00) and I don't need to inject the audio layout trough config.plist anymore. One nice bonus with the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 is that i don't need to use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext anymore.

The only problem that I facing right now is that handoff is not fully working with my Fenvi FV - T919. It shows in the dock, but when I click in the icon they don't load the web page (in case of safari) or the files.

Thanks for your help @dracon !

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Performa
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel i7-7700
Graphics
MSI GTX970 4GB
The black screen is probably because the NvidiaFixUp and Lilu kexts aren't installed or installed properly.
Well i did copy them in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Color Classic
  5. eMac
  6. iMac
  7. LC
  8. Performa
  9. Plus
  10. Power Mac
  11. PowerBook
  12. Quadra
  13. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sleep only works if you have a nvidia graphics card installed. Here are some pics of my clover configurator and clover kext folder (I also have a appleIGB.kext install in Library/extensions folder). I use Smbios as a 18.3 Imac and have both igpu and nvidia turn on in Bios and booting via igpu (you need this in order to make iBooks to work correctly). All of my monitors are connected to the nvidia graphic card to avoid the use of the intel 630 to the computing intensive tasks on my hack.

View attachment 272708View attachment 272707View attachment 272709View attachment 272710View attachment 272711View attachment 272712View attachment 272713View attachment 272714View attachment 272715

WOW, thats a lot of kexts! I have nearly the same build as you, but my USB 3.0/.1 ports don't seem to be recognizing my USB 3 devices (even plugged-in at boot). I saw on a later posts that @dracon suggests installing a certain kext, and then modifying based on which USB Header I used on the MoBo for the front of the computer case (Phantek ENTHOO EVOLV, USB 3_1 Header I think)... Any suggestions to get USB 3 working right/are all of those kexts necessary??

Status
Not open for further replies.