Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z270x-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
I am in the process of upgrading my Ivy Bridge machine. I sold the mobo and processor and now I’m Looking into what’s next.

I am thinking of the GA-Z270X-Gaming 7.

I like the idea of having thunderbolt. Especially since intel is saying it’ll be picking up in the coming years. My only concern is the onboard Audio. It has the Creative Sound Core 3D chip. Will I be able to get this to work?

What’s your best guess?

I am in the process of upgrading my Ivy Bridge machine. I sold the mobo and processor and now I’m Looking into what’s next.

I am thinking of the GA-Z270X-Gaming 7.

I like the idea of having thunderbolt. Especially since intel is saying it’ll be picking up in the coming years. My only concern is the onboard Audio. It has the Creative Sound Core 3D chip. Will I be able to get this to work?

What’s your best guess?

Unlikely.

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to go for the 5 instead. Has the Tested and true audio chip. Thanks man!

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to go for the 5 instead. Has the Tested and true audio chip. Thanks man!

Guys, I just built a successful system using the GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 and everything is working perfectly including sound. If you use the latest VoodooHDA drivers (version 2.8.8 as of today) you should be good to go!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

I hope that helps!

Guys, I just built a successful system using the GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 and everything is working perfectly including sound. If you use the latest VoodooHDA drivers (version 2.8.8 as of today) you should be good to go!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

I hope that helps!
IslandSurfCat, do you have a guide that you'd like to share? I'm building a ga-z270x-gaming 7, 7700k, GTX 1070 build now and am having beachball issues installing Sierra.
Thanks!

IslandSurfCat, do you have a guide that you'd like to share? I'm building a ga-z270x-gaming 7, 7700k, GTX 1070 build now and am having beachball issues installing Sierra.
Thanks!

I'm building the exact same system (except for GTX 1080) and also having issues installing SIerra on a Kingston SSD. I alreday have WIn 10 installed on the M.2 drive.

Here is a kext for the Core 3D chip. If you don't use a custom DSDT, you need the HDAS to HDEF clover-patch, otherwise the ACPI device name should be "HDEF" and the layout-id 0.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext_10.12.5.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
Here is a kext for the Core 3D chip. If you don't use a custom DSDT, you need the HDAS to HDEF clover-patch, otherwise the ACPI device name should be "HDEF" and the layout-id 0.
Hi, I put the kext folder in te efi clover map under 'others' with the rest of the kext files, restarted it an still no audio. also via hdmi there is no audio. using gtx 1070. help!!

That's wrong, remove the kext from clover folder and install it with a kext utility, which will overwrite the AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E. The Gaming 7 board also needs the HDAS to HDEF clover patch. The layout-id should be 0.

thanx but i already fixed it. Problem was that if i choose +VRAM in multibeast it disables my audio. GPU and audio works now because by looking carefully trough the custom setting and flagsships in multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back