Contribute
Register

GA-z270MX Gaming 5 and GC-Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I updated to 10.14.1 on a separate external drive and now everything is working! :) It seemed like it was a clunky Sierra install and/or compatibility issues with the older version of the UAD software I had installed.

For people with a similar motherboard and thunderbolt card, here's how I got my Apollo Twin Quad Mk2 working:

1) Booted into Windows 10 to install the Thunderbolt drivers from Gigabytes website (or in the disk provided with the Alpine Ridge card).
2) Plugged my Apollo interface into a Thunderbolt 2 Cable > then into an Apple official Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter > then into my Alpine Ridge card.
3) Downloaded the latest version of the UAD console to my Windows machine to test it all out (v9.7 at the time of this post). Please note that your Thunderbolt device won't appear under Intel's Thunderbolt application unless you've got a Thunderbolt device connected (this messed me around for a while as I thought my unit was DOA, when it actually need something plugged into it).
4) Left the interface on and rebooted into Mac OS.

I'm not sure if this is unique to my machine, but I'm able to get the Apollo working if I turn it on at the Clover boot screen (e.g. where you select your boot drive), which means I don't need to boot into windows every time I want to start making music :)

Update: Turns out all my previous issues were related to the UAD Console software I had downloaded. I installed version 9.7 on my Sierra build and everything is working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back