Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello hope all is well. I have a z170x with intel i7 6700k LGA 1151. I successfully created the Unibeast, edited my Bios to Jerivalu’s settings, I installed El Capitan, then I disabled SIP tried installing Multibeast and get install failed. Im kinda lost here I've built 2 computers before in the past with no problems and I decided to upgrade to this board but i think I'm missing some steps. Ive been on this for 2 weeks now, and I don't quite understand the full order of the steps. Can some one please point me in the right direction? or tell me what to do after the install so that i can install Multibeast (if its even still used). I also tried installing clover_v2.3k_r3676 to El cap HD and got install failed as well. Im lost please help thank you.

Well thanks to everyone who at least looked at the thread. But i figured it out!! Heres what i followed and worked for me in case someone has the same problem.

CREDIT GOES TO "CARSONP'S POST #73" in Skylake Starter Guide

I used El Capitan 10.11.6

Carsonp:
Here is what hardware I have and what works for me so far

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel 6700K
Asus GTX 980 Strix
Samsung SM951 (AHIC Version, not nvme. This is important)
Startech ST1000SPEX2 PCIe Ethernet
USB Dac/Amp for audio but onboard works (See post 1 & 2 of this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html)
Mac OS 10.11.1 (10.11.2 breaks the USB fix unfortunately)

Pre-setup steps
Update your bios to the latest version f4b at time of writing this (Mine is F5)
Disable the serially port (Under Peripherals Super IO)
Disable IOAPIC 24-119 (Chip Set tab)
Set OS to Win 8 WHQL (Bios Features Tab)
Disable CSM (directly under Windows 8/10 features. Bios features tab. It was staring me in the face and i couldn't find it lol)

Lets get started!

1. Make a Unibeast USB using the clover option and default settings and then overwrite the CLOVER folder on the USB EFI partition with the one linked below. (Overwriting CLOVER folder before install was the step I was missing and causing Install Fail within Multibeast and clover v2) I attached Below.
2. Install Mac OS
3. Reboot.
4. Use Multibeast 8.0.1 with Clover and default settings.
I used 8.2.3 Multibeast and here are my settings:

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 Series Audio Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d0 Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1

5. then like with the USB, overwrite the CLOVER folder on your HD's EFI partition with the one linked below. (This is the other part I was missing. I opened clover configurator hit mount Efi partition button, then check partition button on bottom read which one was my main HD partition, hit mount EFI partition button on bottom, chose the partition hit ok, went to main drive opened it and replaced clover. Note- if you don't have any HD or USB installed u can just hit open partition button on bottom instead.

6. Eject the USB used to install and Reboot from the HD.

These steps are if you have a new Nvidia based GPU If you aren't using an newer Nvidia based GPU, just remove that flag entirely for both the USB config and the final config.

--- I did this step and it didn't work for me. Im sure i did it wrong ---

7. Install Nvidia web drivers and but don't reboot yet. (Attached Below)
8. Copy AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop and follow this post to patch it http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-after-nvidia-346-01-02f01-2.html#post1018395 (Kext Attached Below)
9. Open the config file on the EFI partition and change nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1.
---

10. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Extra info:

Here's what's included in my CLOVER folder and what is optional

- ACPI/patched SSDT-USB.aml (this is for the USB patch for the UD5 TH board only)
- Kexts/ 10.10 & 10.11
- RealtekRTL8111.kext (for the startech network card, remove this if you don't have a realtek based pci-e card)
- USBInjectAll.kext (needed for the USB 3 fix)
- FakeSMC (do not remove)
- Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 140
  • AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip
    207.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hello hope all is well. I have a z170x with intel i7 6700k LGA 1151. I successfully created the Unibeast, edited my Bios to Jerivalu’s settings, I installed El Capitan, then I disabled SIP tried installing Multibeast and get install failed. Im kinda lost here I've built 2 computers before in the past with no problems and I decided to upgrade to this board but i think I'm missing some steps. Ive been on this for 2 weeks now, and I don't quite understand the full order of the steps. Can some one please point me in the right direction? or tell me what to do after the install so that i can install Multibeast (if its even still used). I also tried installing clover_v2.3k_r3676 to El cap HD and got install failed as well. Im lost please help thank you.

Well thanks to everyone who at least looked at the thread. But i figured it out!! Heres what i followed and worked for me in case someone has the same problem.

CREDIT GOES TO "CARSONP'S POST #73" in Skylake Starter Guide

I used El Capitan 10.11.6

Carsonp:
Here is what hardware I have and what works for me so far

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel 6700K
Asus GTX 980 Strix
Samsung SM951 (AHIC Version, not nvme. This is important)
Startech ST1000SPEX2 PCIe Ethernet
USB Dac/Amp for audio but onboard works (See post 1 & 2 of this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html)
Mac OS 10.11.1 (10.11.2 breaks the USB fix unfortunately)

Pre-setup steps
Update your bios to the latest version f4b at time of writing this (Mine is F5)
Disable the serially port (Under Peripherals Super IO)
Disable IOAPIC 24-119 (Chip Set tab)
Set OS to Win 8 WHQL (Bios Features Tab)
Disable CSM (directly under Windows 8/10 features. Bios features tab. It was staring me in the face and i couldn't find it lol)

Lets get started!

1. Make a Unibeast USB using the clover option and default settings and then overwrite the CLOVER folder on the USB EFI partition with the one linked below. (Overwriting CLOVER folder before install was the step I was missing and causing Install Fail within Multibeast and clover v2) I attached Below.
2. Install Mac OS
3. Reboot.
4. Use Multibeast 8.0.1 with Clover and default settings.
I used 8.2.3 Multibeast and here are my settings:

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 Series Audio Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d0 Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1

5. then like with the USB, overwrite the CLOVER folder on your HD's EFI partition with the one linked below. (This is the other part I was missing. I opened clover configurator hit mount Efi partition button, then check partition button on bottom read which one was my main HD partition, hit mount EFI partition button on bottom, chose the partition hit ok, went to main drive opened it and replaced clover. Note- if you don't have any HD or USB installed u can just hit open partition button on bottom instead.

6. Eject the USB used to install and Reboot from the HD.

These steps are if you have a new Nvidia based GPU If you aren't using an newer Nvidia based GPU, just remove that flag entirely for both the USB config and the final config.

--- I did this step and it didn't work for me. Im sure i did it wrong ---

7. Install Nvidia web drivers and but don't reboot yet. (Attached Below)
8. Copy AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop and follow this post to patch it http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-after-nvidia-346-01-02f01-2.html#post1018395 (Kext Attached Below)
9. Open the config file on the EFI partition and change nv_disable=1 to nada_drv=1.
---

10. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Extra info:

Here's what's included in my CLOVER folder and what is optional

- ACPI/patched SSDT-USB.aml (this is for the USB patch for the UD5 TH board only)
- Kexts/ 10.10 & 10.11
- RealtekRTL8111.kext (for the startech network card, remove this if you don't have a realtek based pci-e card)
- USBInjectAll.kext (needed for the USB 3 fix)
- FakeSMC (do not remove)
- Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Heres Nvidia Web Driver link i guess it didn't upload.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105646/en-us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back