Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system under 10.12.3 works flawlessly on Bios F23a. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gtx970-skylake-imac-17-1.204813/#post-1349750)

I can install 10.13 or 10.13.1 with no problems. I can boot off the drive and everything. The kernel panic happens when I disable SIP or try to install the nvdia driver. The bios settings work fine when I boot to 10.12.3 Any idea what is going on?

GA-Z170X-UD5 - i7-6700K GTX 970

Attachments

• 20171128_214048.jpg
    20171128_214048.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 77
My system under 10.12.3 works flawlessly on Bios F23a. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gtx970-skylake-imac-17-1.204813/#post-1349750)

I can install 10.13 or 10.13.1 with no problems. I can boot off the drive and everything. The kernel panic happens when I disable SIP or try to install the nvdia driver. The bios settings work fine when I boot to 10.12.3 Any idea what is going on?

GA-Z170X-UD5 - i7-6700K GTX 970
  • Based on the information you have posted, your problem seems to be in your CLOVER.
  • You seemed to be confident about your BIOS choices.
    • Verify your CLOVER/kexts and if there are numbered folders like 10.6....10.13 Send them to Trash.
    • Make sure your kexts/Other contains latest FakeSMC .kext and graphics support kexts for your video card. Good to have Ethernet kext too.
    • Make sure your drivers64UEFI folders has needed kexts and no unwanted ones.
    • Make sure your config.plist ACPI has no unwanted "fixes" .
    • Make sure your SMBIOS has the right 'Mac Model".
If you have any doubts about any of them Upload your CLOVER as a compressed file for a second opinion.

• Based on the information you have posted, your problem seems to be in your CLOVER.
  • You seemed to be confident about your BIOS choices.
    • Verify your CLOVER/kexts and if there are numbered folders like 10.6....10.13 Send them to Trash.
    • Make sure your kexts/Other contains latest FakeSMC .kext and graphics support kexts for your video card. Good to have Ethernet kext too.
    • Make sure your drivers64UEFI folders has needed kexts and no unwanted ones.
    • Make sure your config.plist ACPI has no unwanted "fixes" .
    • Make sure your SMBIOS has the right 'Mac Model".
If you have any doubts about any of them Upload your CLOVER as a compressed file for a second opinion.

Everything seems to be in place. FakeSMC is in Library/Extentiosn folder. I don't see any graphics kexts. Ethernet is in Library/Extentiosn

I can boot with the attached config file with no issues. I still think I am missing something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 220
  • extensions.png
    extensions.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 87
  • multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 90
  • kext.png
    kext.png
    49 KB · Views: 79
  • EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 50
I got the gpu booted up! now I have to fix the black screen issue. Thank you for your help
cmn699

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.35.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.35.35 AM.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.34.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.34.55 AM.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 71
I got the gpu booted up! now I have to fix the black screen issue. Thank you for your help
cmn699

sunnyj
  • I checked your config.plist .
  • Uploaded edited image .
  • For your Nvidia GeF GTX 970 , Graphics_[√] Inject Intel is an issue.
  • Remove that √ mark and save the edited config.plist and recheck graphics for issues.

Attachments

• Remove √ from Inject Intel.png
    Remove √ from Inject Intel.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 88

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 126
Hey cmn699, I've attached my current working config file and this is the current issue with the black screen. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/page-44#
For me to comment , as I posted earlier , I need the ENTIRE CLOVER folder; NOT just the config.plist alone.

• Config.plist is a check.list for EFI boot loader to use the rest of the contents of CLOVER folder such as CLOVER/kexts/Other + CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, Clover/themes, CLOVER/ACPI/ Patched etc .

• Checking only the config.plist without checking the whole CLOVER can only help in pinpointing a VERY OBVIOUS problem found in one of config.plist menus. That's what I have done.
    • The config.plist menus are set up based on what is in your BIOS options and what is inside the various subfolders of CLOVER.
  • Needless to say , without the full CLOVER, with just the config.plist alone my analysis of the problem you are facing is incomplete.
  • If you inject Intel drivers using [√]InjectIntel in config.plist>Graphics menu, I don't think your NVIDIA will work as expected.
    • Your currently uploaded config.plist once again shows that problem is not corrected.
  • I have reviewed the linked post before.
    • It is a good writeup .
    • What I did not find in it or those who posted in response, is about how to edit and save config.plist after all the troubleshoot steps of removing kexts and reinstalling the latest kexts.
    • I am sure they knew what to do and must have set that right for fixing the problem.
    • The only time that post seems to refer to config.plist is when it says about SIP enabling during the troubleshoot.
    • There is no mention about how to edit Graphics menu of config.plist.
  • Did I miss the author wanted to keep [√]InjectIntel in Graphics menu of config.plist for the troubleshoot to work?
  • I cannot test on an NVIDIA as I don't use NVIDIA Graphics in any of my Computers.

For me to comment , as I posted earlier , I need the ENTIRE CLOVER folder; NOT just the config.plist alone.

• Config.plist is a check.list for EFI boot loader to use the rest of the contents of CLOVER folder such as CLOVER/kexts/Other + CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, Clover/themes, CLOVER/ACPI/ Patched etc .

• Checking only the config.plist without checking the whole CLOVER can only help in pinpointing a VERY OBVIOUS problem found in one of config.plist menus. That's what I have done.
    • The config.plist menus are set up based on what is in your BIOS options and what is inside the various subfolders of CLOVER.
  • Needless to say , without the full CLOVER, with just the config.plist alone my analysis of the problem you are facing is incomplete.
  • If you inject Intel drivers using [√]InjectIntel in config.plist>Graphics menu, I don't think your NVIDIA will work as expected.
    • Your currently uploaded config.plist once again shows that problem is not corrected.
  • I have reviewed the linked post before.
    • It is a good writeup .
    • What I did not find in it or those who posted in response, is about how to edit and save config.plist after all the troubleshoot steps of removing kexts and reinstalling the latest kexts.
    • I am sure they knew what to do and must have set that right for fixing the problem.
    • The only time that post seems to refer to config.plist is when it says about SIP enabling during the troubleshoot.
    • There is no mention about how to edit Graphics menu of config.plist.
  • Did I miss the author wanted to keep [√]InjectIntel in Graphics menu of config.plist for the troubleshoot to work?
  • I cannot test on an NVIDIA as I don't use NVIDIA Graphics in any of my Computers.
Hey cmn699, I have attached the clover folder with and with out the lilu kexts. I also removed the inject intel and it didn't seem to change much. When I boot in verbose with the Lilu & NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts it starts to boot normally then just blacks out. still can't even screen share with those 2 kexts in the other folder. When I don't have those 2 kexts installed I can now boot up to 10.13.1 and about this Mac shows my GTX 970 loaded with 4gb but I then have a black screen.

KEXTS INSTALLED

KEXTS NOT INSTALLED

Attachments

• CLOVER_With_Lilu_and_NvidiaGraphicsFixup.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • CLOVER_Without_Lilu_and_NvidiaGraphicsFixup.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back