Intel i5 6600k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys,

today i bought parts for a new Skylake Hackintosh.

CPU: i5 6600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
USB-Stick: Unibeast 6.2.0 with 10.11.4
BIOS: F5

I´ve none Graphic Card installed because i want to use the internal Graphics and buy a external Card later. My Bios settings are like the Installation Guide. The system is completely new and i want to install a fresh 10.11.4 El Capitan.

I can boot into Clover and select the USB-Partition with the installer but if i try to boot in verbose it shows a Message from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in the first and second Row and after a couple of pluses the system reboot.:banghead:

What i´ve tried:

- Change SMBIOS to MacPro 3,1
- Add and remove different boot flags
- Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
- replacing EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

But no success.

Anyone a solution to my problem?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have nearly the same hardware config like you :clap:

CPU: i5 6600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
USB-Stick: Unibeast 6.2.0 with 10.11.5
BIOS: F5

I'm using internal Graphics too until next generation (Nvidia 10x0 or AMD 4x0) willl be support by Apple
My System is completely new and I want to install a fresh 10.11.5 El Capitan. I got El Capitan from My iMac.
I boot into Clover too.
I try to install and I'm stuck on Apple logo.

What is your bios config?
in which SATA are you plug your SSD Samsung? mine is plug on SATA port 4

We will trying to fix it.

did you try to find here your fix?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

Last edited:
So, El Capitan is installed now. :D

What was my problem? --> 10.11.4

After i downloaded 10.11.5 and build a USB Stick with Unibeast it solved the problem immediately. Don't change any option in the plist.config or other. WLAN from PCI-E works native and the Ethernet port too.

@Jaicruvoir
BIOS config is like the Instalation Guide. Only the CFG-Lock i didn't found in the bios so i can't change it.
My SSD is in SATA Port1. For Post installation i uploaded my multibeast configuration.

Only my RAM won't be detected correct. Only 8GB with 3200MhZ instead of 16GB with 2400MhZ.

Attachments

• GA-Z170X-Gaming-5.mb
    3.4 KB · Views: 122
Thanks.

Have you install any things on your SSD before?

So, El Capitan is installed now. :D

What was my problem? --> 10.11.4

After i downloaded 10.11.5 and build a USB Stick with Unibeast it solved the problem immediately. Don't change any option in the plist.config or other. WLAN from PCI-E works native and the Ethernet port too.

@Jaicruvoir
BIOS config is like the Instalation Guide. Only the CFG-Lock i didn't found in the bios so i can't change it.
My SSD is in SATA Port1. For Post installation i uploaded my multibeast configuration.

Only my RAM won't be detected correct. Only 8GB with 3200MhZ instead of 16GB with 2400MhZ.

What Installation guide were you going off of? I have the same build as you guys, but with Graphics Card (EVGA Geforce 980ti) and i'm getting stuck at apple logo.

If I boot in Verbose mode, I get stuck at "Missing Bluetooth....etc"

@Jaicruvoir

Yes i installed a El Capitan with other hardware on the SSD but in the installer i have to erase the SSD for a clean install.

@Chopinblock

I followed the installation Guide from tonymac86 --> Installation Guide. Many user recommend to install with onboard graphics and after that insert the extra graphics card.

Have you verify your bios seting ?
I was stuck on Apple logo :
XHCI Hand Off set to Enabled

Have you verify your bios seting ?
I was stuck on Apple logo :
XHCI Hand Off set to Enabled

So I got it installed. I mixed two guides together to get it up and running, it looks like some portions were missing from the guides.

So Tonymacx86's guide helped up until the part where I had to change some BIOS settings, so from there I found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/

His BIOS settings and a mix of Tonymacx86's BIOS settings seemed to do the trick. But make sure you follow Tonymac's guide in detail before & after the BIOS part. (Tonymac's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/ )

Let me know how it goes!

@Chopinblock

Nice to hear that you installed El Capitan successfully. What is with Sleep and Wake up and USB 3.0? When i put a USB 3.0 stick in a USB 3.0 port the OS tell me that there is not enough power on the USB-Port. My second problem is that my computer won't wake up from sleep mode (Display is off but the PC is running).

@Chopinblock

Nice to hear that you installed El Capitan successfully. What is with Sleep and Wake up and USB 3.0? When i put a USB 3.0 stick in a USB 3.0 port the OS tell me that there is not enough power on the USB-Port. My second problem is that my computer won't wake up from sleep mode (Display is off but the PC is running).

Having the same issue when trying to install my Geforce 980ti Nvidia Drivers. Still no luck. I've read the Guide about the black screen when trying to update drivers, but none of it worked for me. I'm so sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back