CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a couple of sleepless nights I feel it's time to ask for help.
I just updated my hackintosh to the setup you see in my profile adding the SSD, doubling the RAM and upgrading CPU from i3 6300. I had to update the BIOS to F22f as well to get my new i5 7500 recognized and I updated macOS from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. The previous system had been working flawlessly for 18 months.
Overall it's a success: the system is stable, everything is properly recognized including the nVidia GPU (didn't test all the USB ports or "details" like the sleep/wake up) but I can't login into my AppleID account and after reading over and over again the thorough guides on the matter it seems that the only point I don't meet is having an ethernet controller marked as Built in.
Can you help me solve this issue? I attach my config.plist.
Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 275
Thanks Yoshi! I have a good news that might be helpful for the community and a bad news for me.
The good one is that installing with MultiBeast the Network Drivers Intel IE1000e 3.3.6 instead of the InternetNetworkMausl my ethernet is set and ticked as Built in. Success!
The bad news is that iCloud still doesn't work. I attach the trouble shooting created with the script Yoshi recommended.
I tried several times both 14,2 and 18,2 (which seems a better fit with my system) but no luck.
Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• debug_20375.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 179
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 232
I am assuming you tried this:

1. If you a computer (genuine apple for example) where you can login to your iCloud.account or even use a webbrowser and go to iCloud.com and remove all unwanted devices.

Open Settings > Go to iCloud > Open Account Details.

pyjcgM9.png

Click on the "Devices" tab. Remove unwanted devices if you have any.

3RBuz2q.png

Click on Done. And Sign Out of your "iCloud" account.

Disconnect from the network and then restart.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/

"
In Clover configurator.

Click the Generate New button several times to generate a Serial Number and Board Serial Number.
At this point I recommend that you select Trust.
Mobile appears to be selected by default and you should deselect it if you do not have a Laptop.

Copy the Serial Number and check it on http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/
Paste the Serial Number into the box and click Lookup
Prove that you are not a robot
If you see this response your serial number is invalid - Go back to the magic wand and generate another one.

If you see a response similar to this it means that you have generated a serial number in a recognisable format and it is ok to proceed to the next stage.

Open the https://checkcoverage.apple.com site and paste your Serial Number into the box
Enter the required code and click Continue

This is the part of the process which confuses people the most so pay particular attention :

If you see the message "Your Service and Support Coverage" and a picture of a computer
then you have generated the Serial Number of a computer that is already recorded in Apple's database.
Do not use this Serial Number - Go back to the Magic Wand tool and generate a new one.

If you see the message "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" and the Serial Number has passed verification at everymac.com then it is OK to use this Serial Number for your config.plist.

This is so important that it is worth repeating :
You need a Serial Number that everymac.com confirms is in the correct format and that Apple says is not valid.
It does not mean that it is not a valid Serial Number - It means that it is not already registered.

Quit Safari

Open a Terminal window and type uuidgen (and press Return) several times to generate some random UUIDs.

Copy one of your random UUID numbers from the Terminal window and paste it into the SmUUID box in Clover Configurator.

In Clover Configurator select File - Save
Quit Clover Configurator.

Restart"

Hi again! Sorry, my reply got moderated (maybe because there was a link to a YouTube video...?) and didn't go through.
I was saying that I thoroughly followed both https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ plus a YouTube video that I'm not going to post again :) I always cleaned Cache and Preferences, rebooted countless times... Now that the ethernet is recognized and Built in I can't tell at all what's wrong with iCloud.
Maybe 14,2 is preferable to 18,2 even though the latter has exactly my CPU...? With 18,2 I always get this (see attached) for the model lookup while with 14,2 it can point more precisely to a model.
Both don't work anyway ;-)
Or shall I empty completely my iCloud profile also from my actual devices, not only the unwanted ones, and start fresh?
If you have any ideas I'm open to anything!

Attachments

• Model lookup.jpeg
    Model lookup.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 187
Hi again! Sorry, my reply got moderated (maybe because there was a link to a YouTube video...?) and didn't go through.
I was saying that I thoroughly followed both https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ plus a YouTube video that I'm not going to post again :) I always cleaned Cache and Preferences, rebooted countless times... Now that the Ethernet is recognized and Built in I can't tell at all what's wrong with iCloud.
Maybe 14,2 is preferable to 18,2 even though the latter has exactly my CPU...? With 18,2 I always get this (see attached) for the model lookup while with 14,2 it can point more precisely to a model.
Both don't work anyway ;-)
Or shall I empty completely my iCloud profile also from my actual devices, not only the unwanted ones, and start fresh?
If you have any ideas I'm open to anything!

What error message are you getting with iCloud?

Last edited by a moderator:
"This action could not be completed. Try again."

Your shared folder is not locked?

shared locked.jpeg

if it is, unlock with terminal command

Code:
sudo chmod 1777 /Users/Shared

Not related to your iCloud issue,
but looking at your kext cache output

Code:
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - no compatible dependency found for as.vit9696.Lilu.
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

looks like your intelgraphicsfixup.kext version not linked your lilu version.
use the latest intelgraphicsfixup with latest lilu

I don't even seem to have the folder... Created it now and ran the terminal command... Man, you might have nailed it pretty hard! Asking for verification code... NO WAY! You did it!!! :clap::headbang:
Thank you so much! How did I miss this remark in the tons of posts I went through?!?
If you feel like giving some technical details I'd be happy to learn what was wrong.
I owe you a dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back