Contribute
Register

GA Z170MX Gaming 5 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Sorry for reviving a dead post here, but I had this same issue with this mobo. Got the Realtek ALC1150 to show up via enabling the "FixHDA" patch in Clover (and also AddDTGP I think)...

Just posting this here because it might help someone! :D

Thanks!

-Duncan

Hey all,

Sorry for reviving a dead post here, but I had this same issue with this mobo. Got the Realtek ALC1150 to show up via enabling the "FixHDA" patch in Clover (and also AddDTGP I think)...

Just posting this here because it might help someone! :D

Thanks!

-Duncan
Do you have version F20 bios?

i'm about to buy this motherboard with a 6700k and 980ti, what settings is everyone running into and what works?

Hi,

Not related the issue discussed here, but I really could use some help. I just started on my 2nd build with this same Mobo GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, with correct settings in BIOS as per guidelines, but can't get internal drives recognized. USB installer works fine, does not see internal drive. I have one Sierra clone, boots fine through USB, but boot stops after Clover screen once I install it as internal drive.

Don't understand what is happening. DSDT missing perhaps? Something overlooked in BIOS settings?

Perhaps it is too much to ask, can anyone here with this same mobo tell me their exact BIOS settings and if DSDT available, give me a copy?

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Nevermind, managed to work it out by chance... better to be lucky than smart

Last edited:
Hi,

Not related the issue discussed here, but I really could use some help. I just started on my 2nd build with this same Mobo GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, with correct settings in BIOS as per guidelines, but can't get internal drives recognized. USB installer works fine, does not see internal drive. I have one Sierra clone, boots fine through USB, but boot stops after Clover screen once I install it as internal drive.

Don't understand what is happening. DSDT missing perhaps? Something overlooked in BIOS settings?

Perhaps it is too much to ask, can anyone here with this same mobo tell me their exact BIOS settings and if DSDT available, give me a copy?

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Nevermind, managed to work it out by chance... better to be lucky than smart

Now you end up on the contributing side :)

If you can remember the DSDT settings/drivers it could help me.

I got this board also. I got it to boot now two hours ago so I´m at least on the Multibeast level of things now.
I followed the thread by imablackhat: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...70mx-gaming-5-i7-6700k-980ti-16gb-ram.211648/

I have not figured out what Ethernet driver to use and eventual power management driver.
During boot the keyboard locks up (Corsair Gaming RGB) before typing the password, I need to unplug/insert the USB for it to come alive.
One post says no sleep with internal graphics so I will try an nVidia GT640 Zone Edition that I used with success in the past for 1920x1200 triple monitor setup. That board is great for ordinary office use, for any tough gaming it proved to overheat I read in reviews but it has been perfect as passive cooled graphics on my sw development machine. I use Taiwanese NOFAN passive cooling throughout, no fans or moving parts anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back