Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening all. I am at a point where the brain has just about called it quits. I have a "mostly" working Hackintosh. That is everything seems okay except the sound. Better put, the lack of sound. I have attached my EFI folder in the off chance that somebody wants to check it out for me.

Thanks.

GA Z170MX Gaming 5
Intel Core i7 6700
16MB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM
480GB Crucial BX200 SSD
1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HD
EVGA Geforce GTX 950 2GB
TP LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band PCIe Wifi Adapter
Corsair K30 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech Wireless Mouse

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 194
Attempted this to no avail.
No files, no idea what is wrong.
1. See Post #2
2. Click on the linked thread
3. Scroll down to Problem Reporting
4. Make and attach each file requested
5. Post to the linked thread

First time posting here but wanted to contribute since I found so many helpful articles.

Environment
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (f4)
EVGA GTX 960
SMBIOS: iMax 17,1

[Audio Issue: No output/input audio detected, report shows nothing]
Resolved using Multibeast 8.2.3 (1) > Drivers > Audio > ALC1150 and 100 Series.

My original install instructions said to use ALC1150 and Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio. When I did this, System report didn't see any hardware. I was able to get a BT speaker and it was "working". I tried the Toledo method but the codec wasn't showing and I was discouraged, even using the audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.22.command nada.

Then I realized the mobo is a 100 series and recalled an audio driver in Multibeast. I re-ran multibeast with just ALC1150 and 100 Series. Build > Install > Reboot. Then the System Report showed my hardware.

Tip: Don't use the "ding" "tada" from the speaker, I guess its an old method lol. I tested playing a youtube vid to confirm audio

[Memory Issue: only showing 8 GB when I have 16GB]
Resolved using Clover Configuration and manually adding the memory objects.

Tip: Make sure to fill out everything, you can even make up the vendor and serial.
Reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-detects-wrong-amount-of-total-ram-and-ram-slots.174061/

[Video Issue: After installing web drivers and enabling it to boot, I get the blank screen boot.]
Environment: EVGA GTX 960
I used Method #3 under Problem #4.

Note: The Nvidia Driver Manager seems to lock onto "OS X Default Graphics Driver" despite switching to Web Driver many times. Not sure if this is bad but the system works as expected. System Report shows GTX and so does the nvidia manager.

Reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

[Shutdown issue: The system starts up immediately after powering down]
Fix: Clover Configuration > Acpi > FixShutdown

[Open Issues:]
  1. USB 3.0 speed, "feels" a bit slower. I did use blackmagic disk to test on my MBA vs Hackintosh and the speed is the same but actual usage feels it takes longer on the Hackintosh.
  2. Airdrop: I forcefully enabled it thinking it would use the ethernet but it is not. I think i'll need to get the broadcom everyone is talking about.
  3. Sleep: the system doesn't sleep. I hit sleep and it wakes up after it "sleeps". Still investigating.

Good luck everyone.

First time posting here but wanted to contribute since I found so many helpful articles.

Environment
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (f4)
EVGA GTX 960
SMBIOS: iMax 17,1

[Open Issues:]
  1. USB 3.0 speed, "feels" a bit slower. I did use blackmagic disk to test on my MBA vs Hackintosh and the speed is the same but actual usage feels it takes longer on the Hackintosh.
  2. Airdrop: I forcefully enabled it thinking it would use the ethernet but it is not. I think i'll need to get the broadcom everyone is talking about.
  3. Sleep: the system doesn't sleep. I hit sleep and it wakes up after it "sleeps". Still investigating.

Good luck everyone.

i'm planning to get this mobo too, but for me sleep is top priority.
did u fix the sleep issue on yours?
i can't find any post about GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, and i dunno if is a positive thing (is almost perfect hardware that works out of the box, so there are no post about it), or simply only few has bough it...

I have this motherboard. Sleeping works only if you use a discrete video card. Audio doesn't work after waking up from sleep. I haven't got around to trying to solve it yet.

i'm planning to get this mobo too, but for me sleep is top priority.
did u fix the sleep issue on yours?
i can't find any post about GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, and i dunno if is a positive thing (is almost perfect hardware that works out of the box, so there are no post about it), or simply only few has bough it...

I have this motherboard. Sleeping works only if you use a discrete video card. Audio doesn't work after waking up from sleep. I haven't got around to trying to solve it yet.
ok thnx for reply ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back