1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've managed to sift through the everest of material on this site--don't get me wrong, it's much better to have more rather than less information--but all I can say is that as a noob, I'm glad that I don't have to do this to a deadline.

So here's where I'm at. I've bought all recommended parts and it all works well. No problem installing El Capitan; I've done it several times today :crazy:. I removed the GTX 750 Ti because it was not playing nice at all and I didn't want the additional complications. The virgin OS X had a number of problems, such as losing 8 out of the total 16 GB of RAM, no audio, no Bluetooth, no network and basic flitty graphics. Using MultiBeast and then Clover Configurator, I was able to fix all of these issues and I was thinking that I had emerged out the far end of a very long, dark tunnel. Until I tried to get Bluetooth working...

I have two Bluetooth dongles, one new one, an ASUS USB BT-400 and a no name Bluetooth 2.0 dongle that I've had for years. The ASUS one didn't seem to work, so I pulled that one out and put the second in. It didn't work either, so I disconnected it. Then I rebooted, and the result was a kernel panic about halfway into the boot sequence.

I used to be able to reboot in safe mode, but now that option is not showing up in the Clover boot screen. I'm attaching my config.plist in case anyone can see what the Bluetooth problem is. Otherwise, I'll start from the beginning again and just ignore the Bluetooth problem for the time being.

One last issue--the GTX 750 card--remains, but the Intel HD 530 card is fine for now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 233
An update: I'm suspecting hardware malfunctions now. I was having problems reformatting my two drives, an SSD and an HD, in preparation for yet another swing at a fresh install. Thinking that the problem was with the OS X install, I tried to install Linux Mint, first on the SSD, then on the HD--in both instances the process failed before completion. So now I'm looking at swapping out either the mobo or the power supply to see if they're responsible. The equipment is all brand new, so I'm feeling particularly unlucky these days.

I have the same MOBO, I've set SMBIOS to MacPro3.1, but after update to 10.11.5 no ethernet, did you do anything regarding it or it was OK after Multibeast? My video is with artifacts, and no sound.. If I set SMBIOS to 17.1 as per recommendations I can not boot...

I'm still on 10.11.4. I've been out of town and just returned. If I get around to updating to 10.11.5 I will report on my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back