Contribute
Register

GA-X99M-GAMING 5 - Not a guide yet, but first look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you're thinking 'bout a mATX X99 build, here's an option. Don't have time right now to write a Guide but here's some stuff:

GA-X99M-GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6 Core - G.Skill Ripjaw 16GB F4-2666C15Q-16GRR - Samsung XP941 M.2 256GB - Samsung 850Pro 512GB - Seasonic SS-760XP2 ATX 12V/EPS 12V, 760W, 80 PLUS PLATINUM - Corsair H100i - Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 Case - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

UH-High.png UH-Medium.png

LuxMark -Room.png Luxmark- Sala.png

@4.6 and @4.3
GB4-6.png GB4-3.png

@4.0 and @Stock
GB4-0.png GB-Stock.png

BlackMagic M2.jpg

Bios is easy to navigate and surely will improve with updates. Could do without all the cute stuff...

cool! does it have tb header? the asrock killer has one right?
excited for this. thanks!

Have you been able to monitor the temps of the XP941 ?
Nope, haven't been able to find the right sensors. I have it right in front of me running BlackMagic and it's cold to the touch so I don't think it's going up in flames any time soon...

cool! does it have tb header? the asrock killer has one right?
excited for this. thanks!

Asrock X99M Killer will also work - it took me 9 days to figure out the IOBlueToothHCIController transport KP, but it is now running well, except for sleep - it doesn't. Shuts off, starts back up and no video. Don't know if this is the GTX980 driver or Yosemite problem.

Asrock X99M Killer will also work - it took me 9 days to figure out the IOBlueToothHCIController transport KP, but it is now running well, except for sleep - it doesn't. Shuts off, starts back up and no video. Don't know if this is the GTX980 driver or Yosemite problem.

Hello.
@Goingbald
It seems like you have the Asrock X99m issues worked out. Would you recommend it over the X99m-Gaming 5? With Rebate the ASrock is $90 cheaper.

Hi kduverna.

I have a very similar setup to yours, so you might be able to help me.
I have managed to install Yosemite with UniBeast stick with patched kernel and VoodooTSCSYNC.kext.
The install works, and first boot with system setup works.
I then run MultiBeast.
I am then able to boot with chimera, but when i reach the apple logo with loading bar, things stop working :(
Did you experience something similar?

by the way, this seem like a nice forum.
First post, first PC build, first hackingtosh

Nope, I don't use Chimeria and did not run MB... Add -v boot flag to see where it hangs up...

So you used Clover? or?

the last entry using -v is:
IMG_1601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back