GA-X79-UP4
CPU
i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I bought parts straight from the recommended list and expected the build to be pretty easy, but this last step of configuring the system is harder than I expected. I simplified the system by removing all but one stick of 8 GB RAM to make the process more straightforward.

I got UniBeast to run by configuring it with the following parameters:
UseKextCache=Yes
npci=0x3000
cpus=1
GraphicsEnabler=No
-f -v

I also added the parameter USBBusFix=Yes because I keep getting the error message "The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device." but the problem has not gone away.

The only USB peripherals I have plugged in are the USB stick I'm using to install Mac OS X, a genuine Apple keyboard from my Mac Pro and a mouse from my Mac Pro. These don't seem like likely candidates for OS X to raise an objection.

Anyway, several times now I have run the OS X installer and built an installation only to find that the system reboots and the screen goes black and stays there. I've tried every reasonable option of writing in a new video mode (1024 x 768 x 32), fiddling with GraphicsEnabler=No|Yes, and fiddling with IGPEnabler = No|Yes but without success.

There are so many possibilities. Has anyone else with the same build figured out this problem yet?