Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UD5 with GTX680, what do I really need from multibeast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7-3930k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed multibeast a few times now, the first bunch with "failed" installation screens... Re installed ML several times and finally got a succeeded screen, but then got kernal panics. So I'm wondering what I really need from Multibeast ?

I have the high end build..

3930k I intend to overclock
GTX 680
32GB ram
Audio page for GA--UD5 says its the ALC898
Guessing I need the GraphicsEnabler=0 checked
Not sure what I would check for my npci=0x2000 flag ?

I'm not clear on the DSDT setting box... I'm not using one do I need to check this at all ?

I want sound and my card to work basically.

Any replies thanks in advance :)

Do a search for someone with the same board.

Yeah wasn't much to go on really...

I now have a functioning ML install just one thing wrong.. some weird flickering box in the upper left corner on the login screen.. lets me log in fine but it feels like something might be unstable.

But I did find this thread which toward the end gave me some clues...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...eforce-gtx-680-32gb-corsair-1600mhz-ddr3.html

What helped even more because the thread didn't really explain what to do was this youtube.. older video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfflkxr4RQ

The original thread was good though because it mentioned permissions repair.. I had no extra folder created so I took the one from the thread, along with kext wizard which worked... but then I still had to use multibeast from the youtube video suggestions adding GraphicsEnabler=No and also adding my 898 audio file "without DSDT"

Honestly though, I don't see why the buyers guide doesn't have install guides based on the builds to help out some.. I guess maybe too many choices it would take too much...

I'm going to monitor my ML install for a week before I post any "SUCESS" findings :)

I'm posting this from my hackintosh.. ethernet worked out of the box, like I set nothing up even, it just worked.. reminds me of why I liked macs in the first place after 25 years of using them.

have you install the cuda driver from multibeast? it resolve my graphic performance problem. i used usb speaker instead for sound, so no need to bother about audio driver.

Yes, I had installed from multibeast for my 680 card, guessing this is cuda... it seems to work fine. The flickering has gone away although I don't know why, I did another permissions repair and it hasn't really come back. I'm on DVI, and I read something about trying HDMI instead.. I'm using an Asus 27" monitor.

I was mistaken, my audio is not working. I had plugged in a usb headset and it was working... but after rebooting since is now not working either.

Stumped on the audio 898...

I'm REALLY interested in the X79 setup. Could you post some benching scores for me to compare to. I've found some new tweaks/methods for raw video in Compressor that I want to start using but it tripled the crunch time on my setup. thanks in advance!

I couldn't figure out if my 680 was running full throttle so I thought I'd try the 680 multibeast kexts... I should have done some benchmarks before for comparison.. slaps head I want to OC this system too, wondering if I'm wasting my time by installing my main software programs.

Now I can only boot with USB... I installed over the top but that doesn't get rid of any existing kexts, just writes over duplicates.. so it looks like i have to start from scratch ...

Not sure what benches your looking for... I really only run PS and plugins on this machine. My other main program is modo on my Win7 2600k OC. I'll probably put that on here too, to see some benches, and maybe Cinibench...

Hackintoshing is not good thing for me because I can never leave well enough alone.... here, squeeze this egg.. but don't break it...ugh.. damn.. I broke it...

Hackintoshing is not good thing for me because I can never leave well enough alone.... here, squeeze this egg.. but don't break it...ugh.. damn.. I broke it...

What? Don't you know? That's what a spare hard drive and CCC or SD is for. When you break it, just CCC back and there it is - good as new again.

Yeah.. I use Super Duper for back up but since this is a new system I want to get it all right before cloning...

Never tried Carbon Copy Cloner...

You're right though..I should have cloned it when it was doing good.. or even done time machine maybe... in all these years I've never actually used time machine

I keep all my main software on my SSD.. There's no email on this machine and I use chrome for browsing on 4 computers so it's all the same. There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to create something that in the event something goes haywire I just clone it back to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back