Graphics
UHD630(active)Geforce Gt710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Hi
is there a dsdt for GA-X79-UD5???
I found something in Osx86.net but has 2 files
which one should i put on desktop in order to work with multibeast Snow leopard???
Im trying to install Snow Leopard with iboot and multibeast for Ga-X79-Ud5 and i7 3820
First typical installation of 10.6.0 is ok
but how can i upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 with a dsdt????
thanks

WOW, first off if your going to use that high end system may I suggest Lion instead. It may give better support.

To install Snow Leopard follow the Snow Leopard install guide at TonyMacX86 blog site. After the install finishes then your going to have to install your update to probably 10.6.8 but don't quote me. Lastly, run Multibeast to get all your kexts and such installed. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.

thank you
i want to use it with pro tools 9 which only works in Snow Leopard...
i have 2 other hackintoshes that work fine but their old..
with first installation of 10.6.0,it boots normally but when i'm trying to use easybeast or userdsdt it stacks
i'm not sure how to use 2 files from osx86.net for my mobo with multibeast

i managed to install snow leopard without userdsdt
i first installed snow leopard 10.6.0 with iboot
then i ran updatehelper and updatecombo 10.6.8
multibeast wtih easybeast and nullcpupower kext

i dont have audio wifi an bluetooth,now but i'll try to find out

i managed to install snow leopard without userdsdt
i first installed snow leopard 10.6.0 with iboot
then i ran updatehelper and updatecombo 10.6.8
multibeast wtih easybeast and nullcpupower kext

i dont have audio wifi an bluetooth,now but i'll try to find out

thanos4

You will need to use easybeast to install the kexts for sound - when you use either of easybeast or userdsdt - these programs do not install any sound or network kests and have to be selected from the program multibeast based upon your hardware - chips - on the motherboard - so you will need to know some of the hardware that is on your motherboard, see the box or the manufactures website under support for you model motherboard.
Also do a google search for these words - " How to use Multibeast: a comprehensive guide of Multibeast options " - remove quotes
you will see several links related to Multibeast that will help you with this utility. I suggest the first one should help you with your task.

Also some Videos on Youtube you may like to see some YOUtube vids under the name deanwrayUK
of these shortcuts.

His vid on Best Practice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZl1Gv3J7bg
His vid on Basic Overview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOJB3EVHaw
His vid on Bootloader flags http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw3RhLWAjE

totenkopf4

thank you a lot for your help
i know how to use multibeast because i have two other old hackintoshes and they work perfectly.
the only problem for me was that 10.6.7 couldn't recognize sandy bridge,so i had to run first update helper and then 10.6.8 combo update in order to recognize it...
still i haven't found kexts for my onboard souncard and wifi and bluetooth...but i think there are some in multibeast for Lion .....
no worries cause i have an Mbox 2 Pro which works fine

totenkopf4

thank you a lot for your help
i know how to use multibeast because i have two other old hackintoshes and they work perfectly.
the only problem for me was that 10.6.7 couldn't recognize sandy bridge,so i had to run first update helper and then 10.6.8 combo update in order to recognize it...
still i haven't found kexts for my onboard souncard and wifi and bluetooth...but i think there are some in multibeast for Lion .....
no worries cause i have an Mbox 2 Pro which works fine

thanos4

As your MB has Realtek ALC898 as the codec - this may need as you say the kexts from Multibeast for Lion as I dont think this is in the Multibest for SL - or you could use the voodo kexts which would give you at best 2ch sound - test and tell .

You may need to use a progran like kexthelper to install individual kexts.
Also an unpacker program to extract the kexts - sorry no name comes to mind.

that file from OSX86 you mentioned - the dsdt file could be used to install w multibeast w dsdt install - not sure how complete that dsdt file is.
Just a question - you do have this running on OSX SL 10.6.8 now !

Yes
it's working like a charm....
i ve installed the last voodoo kext from the list from multibeast and works fine....
this also solved a problem with protools installation.....which caused kernel panic after installation because of digidal.kext
so you must install a kext for onboard audio card in order to load right the digidal.kext
hope that is helpfull for some people out the who has this problem

thanx again for your time and help!!!

Yes
it's working like a charm...
i ve installed the last voodoo kext from the list of multibeast for onboard audio card.....
i'd like to mention that this solved a problem after installation of Protools....
After installation i had kernel panic for digidal.kext
so you must install a kext for your onboard audio card in order to load it right....

thanx for your time and help again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back