- May 5, 2012
- GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5(F13G) LGA 2011 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
- i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core
- PNY GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Ok I think I read everything 3 times and did all from scratch.. thank god its working!
I have to add that in order to boot first time from I used the 'npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No' option, else it can't load (well I have to update my usb drive for that, I just forgot that one).
Cinebench is 37 Bps and CPU 11 (overclocked to 3.8 Ghz)
I just wonder why OpenCL is performing weak. Windows comes to 53 Bps. Well its general faster there, but not so much on my other 560ti...
Next steps are:
- 10.8.2 update
- get rid of the memory placement warning (there is a fix here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528 but it didn't worked for me)
- get more silent fans (I use water cooling but the 2 remaining fans are quite noisy.)
- set the chimera boot loader to boot osx by default after 10 sec. (I have no idea why it doesn't.. have to hit enter each time)
Great if it's working for you now!
Don't know if it is related with the OpenCL performance but yo_mang is talking about this in his post (enabling OpenCL)...
What is your problem exactly when you say "memory placement warning"?
For the chimera bootloader, do you use a theme? Mine boots osx by default but indeed after 4 or 5 sec altough my org.chameleon.Boot.plist is set to 2s...