Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UD3 Success !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.as for how to update the Bios, Google is your friend...but, if you have windows on your machine, download @Bios and install the new Bios easily.

2.What do you mean works as beta ?? PT 9.06 works on ML, period. You shouldn't have any problems.

1.as for how to update the Bios, Google is your friend...but, if you have windows on your machine, download @Bios and install the new Bios easily.

2.What do you mean works as beta ?? PT 9.06 works on ML, period. You shouldn't have any problems.

I saw this information on avid's site:
Pro Tools 9.0 Updates
Pro Tools 9 requires your Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools HD 9, or Pro Tools HD 8.5 (HD Native) iLok authorization to launch. The following are the most recent updates for Pro Tools 9.

Released November 29, 2011:

• Pro Tools 9.0.6 Update
    • For Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 9.0.5 software on computers with Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), 10.7.x (Lion), and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
See Also:

Pro Tools MP 9.0 Updates
Pro Tools MP 9 requires your Pro Tools MP 9 iLok authorization to launch. The following are the most recent updates for Pro Tools MP 9.0.

August 23, 2011 - Mac OS X Release
August 24, 2011 - Windows 7 Release

• Pro Tools 9.0.5 Update
    • Pro Tools MP 9.0.5 software on computers with Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
    • Pro Tools MP 9.0.5 beta software on computers with Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)
I installed PT 9.06 on ML (my notebook), but it didnt works...

I will update my bios tomorrow, and install your DSDT. I tell you if works.
Thanks

1. why 3X8GB ?? this board is quad channel. you need a multiplier of 4 (4X4, 4X6, 4X8 etc)

2. Why not ML ? I work with PT and it's very stable on ML.

3. I'm attaching my edited DSDT, which is for Bios F14, so if you've not updated your Bios, do so before switching the DSDT's. I'm also including the AppleHDA you'll need, of you ever want on-board sound. This is the only solution that works. not any of the Kexts in MultiBeast could make my sound work. and with this I have full 5.1 with great quality.

4. I am also attaching 2 other texts that will greatly boost your boot time and HDD speed in general.

P.S.

I'm not sure, But you may need to upgrade to ML for this DSDT to work properly.

I did the BIOS update to F14 and I did a Unibeast ML USB installer. I boot but cant install. I deleted ati6000 kext and tried all commands. Sometimes the computer restarts after a black screen sometimes freezes on the apple logo. The best I could get was the Apple loading screen, and then stop at a blank screen and can move the mouse, but no options ...

This DSDT works perfectly running 10.8.4. I tried updating to 10.8.5 but have had no success yet, however this appears unrelated to the DSDT. FakeSMC doesnt seem to be loading, depsite updating from the latest multibeast. Have you had any success yet in updating? Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back