Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UD3 Success !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Well, it wasnt without a few obsticles but thanks to this thread, I have been able to successfully fully setup ML with sound. I have the DSDT and Kexts I used. They came from this thread, but, I used a few DSDT files and cant remember which one I am running now. Oh and I used the AppleHDA.kext from this thread < http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/76202-mountain-lion-optimized-applehda-realtek-alc8xx.html >

I am pretty new to installing Mac OS on my PC, and this took a lot of trial and error. I reinstalled several times after making a completely unbootable installations, but that is part of the fun for me.

Anyway, to install, I booted up a UniBeast USB I made from a Snow Leopard install. I used the kernel flags "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000". This was originally the only way I could get into the installer at all. :)

After installation and first booting into ML, I used MultiBeast. I found that sometimes I had problems when installing all options at once, so I ran MultiBeast several times with different options.
First, I installed the DSDT via User-DSDT option.
Then I installed the Ethernet and Audio drivers from MultiBeast.
After that, I used KextBeast to install the Kexts (in the attached Zip).
Lastly, I setup everything else like the SSDT for Sandybridge motherboards, and I also manually added some lines to the Chameleon plist, and finally restarted.

Everything seems to be working great at this point.

I know its a bit weird to have "-f" as one of the Kernel flags in the Chameleon plist, but, somehow this make booting work better. I tested several times with different options disabled but this is the combination that worked best for me so far. (I've had about 3 days playing around with install).

Oh and just to note, I boot from a UniBeast ML install USB because I want Windows as my Default OS for now, and its Windows 8 which does not boot at all from the bootloader installed by MultiBeast.

Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing their installations here. It helped me finally get everything working! :)

Attachments

• DSDT combo.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 271
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    584 bytes · Views: 407
Install

Quick & Dirty USB

Graphics(AMD6870): remove ATI6000Controller.kext

Extra: FakeSMC NullCPUPowerManagment

org.chameleon.boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

smbios.plist
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8031788GWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>

Post Install

S/L/E FakeSMC NullCPUPowerManagment
Audio: DSDT patched AppleHDA & ALC8xxHDA
Network: hnak's AppleIntelE1000e
Graphics(AMD6870): install ATI6000Controller.kext

org.chameleon.boot.plist
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Gibba</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

smbios.plist
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8031788GWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>

SI

PS. if u have probs - boot with -v -f
Orange Icon Fix use Multibeast

Do you mind posting or sending me a list of your S/L/E kexts? I just realized that I have a ton of kexts in there that shouldn't be. It basically looks like all apple kexts were installed somehow. I have a similar machine (different graphics card GTX670), but I would like to see what kexts I don't need. I have attached a list of mine, as you can see it is out of control

Attachments

• kext problems.pdf
    49.7 KB · Views: 886
Hi,
I'm building my 3th Hackintosh, (after a SL i7 870 and one CCE notebook ML i7 2760qm) with this hardware configuration:
Gigabyte x79-ud3
i7 3820
G.Skill 3x8GB 1866Mhz Ripjaws X
AMD Randeon HD 6870 1gb 256bits
Intel SSD 320 series 160GB sata 2

I sucessful installed SL with IBoot and updated to 10.6.8 version. I will install Pro Tools 9.06, so I will stay on SL.
My network works natively.
The onboard audio is disabled on BIOS (I will not use, I use an external soundcard).

I only can boot using GraphicsEnabler=No (fixed using Multibeast)
My graphic card is recognized by system as ATI Randeon HD ni40
I cannot boot in 64 bits mode. I tryed arch=x86_64 but did not work. Multibeast did not solved the problem too. I see 24 gb in system profiler/memory, but the os uses only 4gb. I cant use my memories in 1600mhz, only in 1333mhz.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me on this journey and sorry for bad english…

Thanks

1. why 3X8GB ?? this board is quad channel. you need a multiplier of 4 (4X4, 4X6, 4X8 etc)

2. Why not ML ? I work with PT and it's very stable on ML.

3. I'm attaching my edited DSDT, which is for Bios F14, so if you've not updated your Bios, do so before switching the DSDT's. I'm also including the AppleHDA you'll need, of you ever want on-board sound. This is the only solution that works. not any of the Kexts in MultiBeast could make my sound work. and with this I have full 5.1 with great quality.

4. I am also attaching 2 other texts that will greatly boost your boot time and HDD speed in general.

P.S.

I'm not sure, But you may need to upgrade to ML for this DSDT to work properly.

Attachments

• DSDT and Kexts.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Thanks for your help.
Answering your questions:
1 - I bought this computer used, came with this setup, and I can not spend more now ... :problem: But the computer works normally and the system recognizes all 24GB, but only uses 4gb in function to boot 32-bit mode only.

2 - I am building this machine to take my homestudio the same configuration that I use in my work. What version of Pro Tools you use? Tried to install my Pro Tools 6.9 on my notebook (ML) but got a few bugs. I read on the website that this version of Avid Pro Tools works fine in SL. In Lion functions as Beta.

3:04 - Thanks again for the feedback and support. I'll update the BIOS to F14 and will test kexts and DSDT you sent. Soon give feedback saying if it worked.

PS Do you know how to solve the problems of the graphics card (amd HD6870)?

Do you know what might be preventing the system to boot in 64-bit mode? With Windows 8 64-bit everything works normally.

I was using PT 10...but it was legal. If you're using a cracked version, then, I can't help you with that.

Hopefully, once you update the Bios and use the DSDT, you'll be able to boot in 64 bit and your video card will work as it should.

You should use model identifier MacPro5,1, use Multibeast for that. Also, add these to Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 darkwake=0 npci=0x3000</string>

If it doesn't work with "PCIRootUID=1" try "PCIRootUID=0"

1. why 3X8GB ?? this board is quad channel. you need a multiplier of 4 (4X4, 4X6, 4X8 etc)

2. Why not ML ? I work with PT and it's very stable on ML.

3. I'm attaching my edited DSDT, which is for Bios F14, so if you've not updated your Bios, do so before switching the DSDT's. I'm also including the AppleHDA you'll need, of you ever want on-board sound. This is the only solution that works. not any of the Kexts in MultiBeast could make my sound work. and with this I have full 5.1 with great quality.

4. I am also attaching 2 other texts that will greatly boost your boot time and HDD speed in general.

P.S.

I'm not sure, But you may need to upgrade to ML for this DSDT to work properly.

How do I update my bios? I dont have this know how... Thanks

I was using PT 10...but it was legal. If you're using a cracked version, then, I can't help you with that.

Hopefully, once you update the Bios and use the DSDT, you'll be able to boot in 64 bit and your video card will work as it should.

You should use model identifier MacPro5,1, use Multibeast for that. Also, add these to Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 darkwake=0 npci=0x3000</string>

If it doesn't work with "PCIRootUID=1" try "PCIRootUID=0"

My Pro Tools is a legal 9.06 version (its not HD version). It works on SL. Works on Lion, but as beta version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back