Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UD3 Bios F16 = Totally Screwed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Hero X AC WiFi
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
Sapphire NITRO+ RX VEGA64 8G HBM2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-X79-UD3 Bios F16 = Totally Screwed !! [Solved] !

I don't know what Gigabyte has done with this latest Bios update but it has rendered my wonderfully working 10.8.4 system completely unbootable.
I don't know what to do. Tried everything I could think of and all kinds of things I read. Since it's pretty new I can't find anyone with my setup that's experienced this yet.
Tried new DSDT from windows.
Tried no DSDT.
Tried rBoot (luckily, I have a Mac Book Air).
Tried all kinds of Kernel flags. In verbose mode, I'm stuck at PCI Config...

Nothing works.

I've attached the files in the Extra folder on my rBoot USB key.

Save me ! :)

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    606 bytes · Views: 327
  • smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 299
Well, spent all night.
Finally, after trashing the Extra folder on my system drive and booting from rBoot, using -v -f flags, I managed to get to the desktop.
Now, It's almost not responsive. The mouse is a non spinning beach ball and it barely moves.
Obviously, I can't use the system like this.

Help ?

I am worries you may need to completely reinstall the OS.
Do you have a backup drive from before it stopped working? You could reinstall and restore form a time machine backup?
Having said that, you could try to delete all the "added" kexts such as null cpu, etc from single mode - booting with the -s flag and try to reboot with the Unibeast usb and reinstall the latest multi beast. You should also try booting without the kext cache.
Let us know how it goes.

Did you see the note on the Gigabyte website ?

"(Note) Please update @BIOS to ver.2.33 and be sure to reflash this BIOS through @BIOS ver2.33."

GA-X79-UD3 Bios F16 = Totally Screwed !! [SOLVED]

Thanks for the replies.

Installed the Bios correctly. Windows is working fine.

After a sleepless night and a lot of aggravation, I made a new dsdt in windows, fixed all the remarks, warnings and errors (a lot of research there too), but still couldn't get to the desktop.

So..I deleted all the kexts that I added in my system, booted from rBoot with ONLY -v cpus=1 and DAMN...Desktop !

To fix the cpus=1 flag I added the VoodooTSCSync.kext and now everything's running perfectly again...

I'm attaching my new DSDT and the VoodooTSCSync.kext for anyone who needs it.

Cheers !

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 283
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 236
Cheers DrDrumm! Your DSDT worked perfectly as a drop-in replacement on my box. :thumbup:

Very much appreciated!

You are a life saver!

Hmm. Maybe you can help me to start audio and ethernet? the most interesting, that ethernet worked from the start and I missed the point it stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back