Register

GA-X58A-UD7 + Mountain Lion Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary!!!

Also the GA-X58A-UD7 works for me with audio and network using:
. Multibeast only with DSDT+ALC889+Realtek Lnx2Mac's
. AppleHDA.kext installed with Kext Drop

Unfortunately, nothing to do with EasyBeast I boot still from USB Unibeast!
And for me used to the efix v1.1 is by no means a tragedy..

Geekbench Score 32bit is: 9262

MacPro3,1
Operating System Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Build 12C54)
Model MacPro3,1
Processor Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.20 GHz
1 processor, 4 cores, 8 threads
Processor ID GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
L1 Instruction Cache 32 KB x 4
L1 Data Cache 32 KB x 4
L2 Cache 256 KB x 4
L3 Cache 8192 KB
Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-F42C88C8 x.x
BIOS Apple Inc. MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
Memory 8192 MB 1066 MHz DDR3

Hallo Going Bald, I wonder why you still use the F7 Bios? I have the same board working perfect still on Snow Leo - because I'm using a lot of audio software. The only issue I have is the (none regular) problem with sleep when my Firewire card is connected - I think.

Computer is starting but with dead display, keyboard, firewire, etc. and it's reset CMOS once. The issue is not regular sometimes it wakes perfectly and 1 time on 5 it's not.

I'm using the F8M bios from the begining and i'm wondering if I should go for F7?

Hallo Going Bald, I wonder why you still use the F7 Bios? I have the same board working perfect still on Snow Leo - because I'm using a lot of audio software. The only issue I have is the (none regular) problem with sleep when my Firewire card is connected - I think.

Computer is starting but with dead display, keyboard, firewire, etc. and it's reset CMOS once. The issue is not regular sometimes it wakes perfectly and 1 time on 5 it's not.

I'm using the F8M bios from the begining and i'm wondering if I should go for F7?

I never use BETA versions of the BIOS - and since I don't have any 3TB or larger HDDs I did not need the added support in the 8M version.

F7 is the last stable BIOS, so that is where I will leave it. Really do not see any need to update it.

Ok. Thanks for quick reply. I'll try to downgrade to F7 but it's pain in the ass because moving from 2M bios to 1m requiers Windows which I don't have. I've tried in VmWare but it doesn't work.

EDIT: OK. now I'm on F7. Lets see if it's anything better. I'll post results.

I've tryed the F7 BIOS but problem still exist. I wonder if it's graphic card-mobo ralated because sometimes when I turn on this system I can't hear the higher spinning of GPU Fan which is normal, the display is dead, post message is FF but nothing happend. It's very rare and beside of that sytem woks pefectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back