Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Direct update to 10.9 from the app store on 10.8.5 failed. Restarts but installation never initializes, so, went the UniBeast route. Installed with no problems, although wait time from white screen to off color grey screen to appearance of the language choice screen was longer than I thought it should be. Install went well, copied my trusty DSDT to desktop and chose the following in MultiBeast:
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 F7 MultiBeast.png and now having a working Mac Pro 4,1 GA-X58A-UD7 Mac Pro4,1.png

I had no problem getting iMessage working. My problem was getting iCloud to work. Seems it will not allow spaces in the user name and i was using my account at mac.com which has a space in it.
So, set up a new account with no spaces. Then create an iCloud email address ([email protected]) and sign in to iMessage. No problems there.

Thanks for your initial post.

I have a similar config, and your MultiBeast settings helped me narrow it down to get things up and running with 10.9 faster.

I added the Generic USB3 XCHI kext to get USB 3 working.

I'm curious if you have used any boot flags, most notably npci=0x3000/0x2000, PCIRootUID=0/1, and darkwake=0/1.

CPU is i7 980, GPU is GTX-670, BIOS is F9A. Using my own patched DSDT.

Hello guys do you have working sleep/wake on this board with Mavericks?
Sleep/wake works on this board with edited DSDT, yes. Without DSDT, no, because you must use NullCPUPM kext to prevent KP from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, which kills power management and sleep.

Thanks GB for quick answer :) Yes I'm using edited DSDT. I'v figured out that with my test drive plugged to SATA6 ports I have wake problem but today with SATA3 ports it seems to works for now.

How was your impressions for Mavericks in terms of stabillity? I have the same setup as yours.

Thanks GB for quick answer :) Yes I'm using edited DSDT. I'v figured out that with my test drive plugged to SATA6 ports I have wake problem but today with SATA3 ports it seems to works for now.

How was your impressions for Mavericks in terms of stabillity? I have the same setup as yours.
Mavericks works well and is stable. Wake sleep and hibernation works and everything I tested works as well as on a Mac. I have had less problems with the X58A than I have had with a late 2007 iMac or a late 2013 MBP.

Mavericks works well and is stable. Wake sleep and hibernation works and everything I tested works as well as on a Mac. I have had less problems with the X58A than I have had with a late 2007 iMac or a late 2013 MBP.

Thanks GB. It looks promising :) I've stick to Snow Leo for years on this production machine because of stability. But now its time to move on - but not to far :)

I wonder, if are you using the SATA6 (the grey ones) ports (alone or in combination with SATA3) for your SSDs? or SATA3 (blue ones) only. In my observation SATA6 could be problematic with sleep/wake on this machine or mabye combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back