Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
RX-580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have older motherboard GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) bios version FD currently running Yosemite.

I'm trying to install El Capitan along with Clover. I followed 10.11 Installation Guide. I can boot to Clover from my USB drive. When I want to proceed with installation of El Capitan from USB on the Clover menu I get kernel panic

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff001411ca46): "zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed "zone_init;kmem_suballoc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3240.40.104/osfmkkern/zalloc

Anyone has this motherboard working with Clover and El Capitan?
Could you share anything on your install process?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have older motherboard GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) bios version FD currently running Yosemite.

I'm trying to install El Capitan along with Clover. I followed 10.11 Installation Guide. I can boot to Clover from my USB drive. When I want to proceed with installation of El Capitan from USB on the Clover menu I get kernel panic

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff001411ca46): "zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed "zone_init;kmem_suballoc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3240.40.104/osfmkkern/zalloc

Anyone has this motherboard working with Clover and El Capitan?
Could you share anything on your install process?

Thanks
Are you currently running Yosemite with a DSDT? If yes, did you copy it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched on your UniBeast USB drive? Did you make sure the USB was connected to a USB2.0 port?

Yes, I've got 10.11.4 working - I'm typing on it right now...I am still having the issues with waking from a deep sleep (say, overnight) that it goes into a perpetual restarting loop, which I have to hard-switch off and reset the BIOS to end the power looping.

No audio, but I use a ridiculously expensive USB DAC anyway, yet FaceTIme and iMessages did start working again [woot!]...

Disabled USB3 in BIOS, and bought the Inateck Superspeed 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card.

To install, I spent several days reading all of Going Bald's posts (in multiple threads) VERY carefully, and dragged my DSDT.aml to the USB stick, and then - after running Multibeast - STILL had to drag the contents of the USB stick to the EFI partition/EFI folder to work. One thing I learned - quite by accident - that CLOVER takes a LONG time to boot - easily 10x the length of restarting Chameleon - and for a while, I was simply giving up on the boot too early!

I am attaching my DSDT.aml (downloaded from this site, apparently pre-patched), my config.plist, and a list of the contents of
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and /Library/Extensions (plus a kextstat list), in case you can use that info.

Going Bald - thank you for all of your (vicarious) help! I do have three questions:
1) I am still stymied by that perpetual power loop after waking, despite d00d's and your advice - Would you take a look to see if I've done something stupid? As you can see, the DSDT should be patched appropriately, the RTC is loading, etc. etc.​

2) I am also bothered by the apparent duplication of the kexts in L/E and EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts - how did that happen - this was a new install via Unibeast/MultiBeast on a fresh SSD...so, are they necessary? Are they causing conflicts or degradation?​

3) I have zero confidence that my shiny new nVidia GeForce GTX 980 is working optimally. Although I am using nvda_drv=1 - I must re-select the webdriver in the System Preferences after each boot, and the HW Monitor says the GPU fan runs at only 19 RPM (?!).
I'd appreciate your input -

Thanking you in advance -
R

Attachments

• Kexts.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSDT.aml
    20.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Duplication of kexts is caused by running MultiBeast (installs kexts to L/E) and copying the EFI partition folder from the USB installer to the HDD/SSD. Delete the kexts in the EFI/Clover/kexts folder. Once installed all kexts should be in S/L/E or L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back