Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD5 ver 2.0 BIOS FE Triple graphics cards-Mavericks Install Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce 9800GT Silent Cell
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, 10.8.5 no problem! but has any one been able to install Mavericks on GA-X58A-UD5? I am getting the apple logo but can never reach the Installer program. I have tried the different flags; -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no, pcirootuid=1 and npci0x3000 and still no success. I must admit I have tried one flag at a time only but I never had to do any of this in 10.8.5
The other sticking point is I have triple or 3x Gigabyte 9800GT graphics cards in the machine and tried installing Mavericks with just one card and still no success. Can anyone help or make any comment? Thanks!

Hi all, 10.8.5 no problem! but has any one been able to install Mavericks on GA-X58A-UD5? I am getting the apple logo but can never reach the Installer program. I have tried the different flags; -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no, pcirootuid=1 and npci0x3000 and still no success. I must admit I have tried one flag at a time only but I never had to do any of this in 10.8.5
The other sticking point is I have triple or 3x Gigabyte 9800GT graphics cards in the machine and tried installing Mavericks with just one card and still no success. Can anyone help or make any comment? Thanks!

I was able to install on my UD7 with no changes to BIOS from ML with a Sapphire HD5770. Only thing was I had to use -x boot flag to get to desktop after install to set up the first user. Did not need any special boot flags otherwise.

Hi guys,

I am posting in this thread for posterity, as I have referred to it many times over the last few days. I had a terrible time getting my x58a-ud5 upgraded to Mavericks from 10.6.8. After many days of troubleshooting, it turned out to be outdated/duplicate SMC related issues causing the problems.

I solved the issue by installing Mavericks cleanly on the same system to a spare drive (B), while keeping my original target drive connected (A). I then backed up the Extra, S/L/E, and L/E folders on (A), then replaced the extra folder on (A) with the extra folder on (B). I replaced all items in S/L/E on (A) with the working ones from (B) etc. REPAIR PERMISSIONS. Reboot. Safe mode, with DSDT, got me in just fine to finish install on (A).

This may not be the safest way to fix things, but it is good for problem Kexts and KPs.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back