Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try installing AppleACPIPlatform Rollback from MultiBeast. My ga x58a ud7 rev 2.0 needs it with Yosemite. Never did use it before.

Did you try installing AppleACPIPlatform Rollback from MultiBeast. My ga x58a ud7 rev 2.0 needs with Yosemite. Never did use it before.

That is odd - my rev 1 -UD7 did not need that at all.

I know. I saw your post.

First thing I would do is disconnect everything - SATA drives, USB flash drives, eSATA drives, etc.
With no media devices attached run memtest Prime95 for 4 or 5 iterations to check the RAM.
Then attach your OS X drive and try to get it up and running.

I must say that I'm running OSX dual booting with a Windows7 OS, everyone with its own SSD hard disk. No troubles running W7 nor when I ran Maverick since last year. Don't you agree that a RAM issue is not believable?
I'm doubtful about the choice I made for my hackintosh: I defined it as a Mac Pro 5,1. Maybe is it not compatible with the hardware?

@Khan: I didn't install AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

Bye
Rommy

I must say that I'm running OSX dual booting with a Windows7 OS, everyone with its own SSD hard disk. No troubles running W7 nor when I ran Maverick since last year. Don't you agree that a RAM issue is not believable?
I'm doubtful about the choice I made for my hackintosh: I defined it as a Mac Pro 5,1. Maybe is it not compatible with the hardware?

@Khan: I didn't install AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

Bye
Rommy
Problem with MacPro5,1 is the AppleTYMCEDriver.kext will hang without ECC RAM.
I use a MacPro 4,1 system definition.

RAM can be an issue no doubt but I would try installing AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

Problem with MacPro5,1 is the AppleTYMCEDriver.kext will hang without ECC RAM.
I use a MacPro 4,1 system definition.

What's this mean for day-to-day use?

I'm set at MacPro 5,1 because it gave me the best benchmarks. X5650, but no ECC RAM, just the same old Corsair XMS3 1600.

For me MacPro 4,1 was worse than both 3,1 and 5,1... the latter of which seems the most stable/fast.

What's this mean for day-to-day use?

I'm set at MacPro 5,1 because it gave me the best benchmarks. X5650, but no ECC RAM, just the same old Corsair XMS3 1600.

For me MacPro 4,1 was worse than both 3,1 and 5,1... the latter of which seems the most stable/fast.

Normally my build would not even boot with a 5,1 sysdef and non-ECC RAM because that is what the driver looks for. I know it will not boot my i7 920 with that sysdef. It could be that with a Xeon CPU you can get away with it.

Success:

I've got a similar system to the OP(remember him/her?) and same symptoms. I've reinstalled 4 times. All day long. I'm not having fun anymore. If I had a twin he'd be 10 years younger than me now.

I've read this entire thread.

I tried everything and finally checked all boxes under Drivers>System in Multibeast as mentioned several times by a few users. I only hesitated because they don't seem to match my -v output and different people had different reasons for doing each one. Kinda wish I had checked one at a time so I'd have a better idea which one really did the trick.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot copy.txt
    709 bytes · Views: 242
  • verbose screenshot 2.JPG
    verbose screenshot 2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 112
Hi im have problem with my MAC PRO
i'v installed OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 an when i finished the installation proces after restarting i can't to enter to system.Then I go write on boot bar:
nv_disable=1 and it boot.
Im intrested how to fix that problem without writting this before turning on ,my MAC.
Sorry about my English im from Serbia.
Greatest Regards Victor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back