Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
i7-930 with Yosemite, can't complain with this score. Just ordered the X5650 as well, to see how this does with X58a-ud3r Rev 1.0. Here are my 2 benchmarks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 8.49.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 8.49.52 PM.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 204
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 235
I was having sleeping issues on my build and solved after installing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset and AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

I can't wake from keyboard either. Power button only.

@gulftown, you should indicate what version of BIOS is that DSDT. Someone on a different BIOS might have issues.

I installed all of these from MB and everything works perfect.

Anyone know how to hide System Reserved and Untitled (Windows Disk) from mounting in Yosemite? All the old guides point to using rc.local but Yosemite moved away from using that from what I can tell and those disks still mount.

Any idea would be great.

i7-930 with Yosemite, can't complain with this score. Just ordered the X5650 as well, to see how this does with X58a-ud3r Rev 1.0. Here are my 2 benchmarks.

Two things:

1. My scores with a i7-950 were in the same range, between 12,500 and 13,000 depending on clocks. My X5650 on the v 2.0 board has topped 19,000, which is the expected 50% increase. At MUCH lower temperatures and voltages!

2. Notice the discrepancy between single-core speed in Windows vs. OS X? That's stumped me for the longest time, and I still haven't resolved it. Interestingly, my multi-core benches are always higher in OS X (Geekbench and multiple Cinebench versions)-- and yet my single-core bench scores lag by a huge margin in OS X compared to Windows. I suspect there are at least two things going on: Windows seems to hit the 1 and 2-core turbo bins (up to two cores get an extra bin/bclk for single/double thread processes) that OS X doesn't, and something else is happening (the single bin doesn't explain such a big difference). I've seen discrepancies in single-core, between the two systems, of up to 20% to 35%!

Thanks for the help justr!

I upgraded to the latest firmware FH, then I changed to MacPro 5,1 as instructed. Same issue.

I started in verbose mode as you instructed, it hangs at "[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform." See attached.

Thanks again.

I'd update to the latest firmware first: FH. And then get the latest DSDT.aml to match.

I've found MacPro 3,1 and 5,1 (I'm currently on the latter) to both work well. I've never had great success with 4,1... you might try changing that too.

Not sure this will fix the problem, but it's a wise move. That said, I think I had to boot into Windows to update the firmware at some point (maybe FF->FH; not sure). Gigabyte has info on it on their website.

Another suggestion is that when you get to the Chimera/Chameleon boot screen hit any key and then boot using verbose mode (I think you activate the menu to select that by pressing the down arrow on the keyboard... it's been a while). Then watch closely where the thing hangs/fails. It might give you/us some ideas...

Good luck!

(Also, a note: It's cheap, and worth it, to buy even a small HDD/SSD to use as a second system in the machine. The benefits outweigh the $50 it should cost: Test system for trying SW Updates, installing the latest MB/Bootloader/Kexts, second system that allows you to boot into it and then make changes to the other system, like deleting a kext, or the /extra folder, etc.)

Attachments

• 2014-12-15 14.55.33.jpg
    2014-12-15 14.55.33.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 130
Hey guys!
I have successfully installed Yosemite on my PC, but I have two things that are not working as they should, and after trying to fix them myself using the resources I could find online, and failing, I am coming here to try and see if you can help me out.

First of all, background information:
Specs:
X58A-UD3R, i7 920, 6GB RAM, GTX 460, 1TB Samsung HDD with Windows 7 on it (connected to SATA port), and WD 500GB External HDD connected to USB2 (USB3 ports did not work for installation, I'll see about switching it to USB3 later on to get the full speed) where the Yosemite installation is.
Issue #1:
I installed fine and booted into the installation using the Unibeast USB, then used MultiBeast and installed everything, but upon trying to restart and just boot from the external HDD i get a boot0:error. If it is of any importance, it isn't the same as in this topic, I only get that one line error with a flashing "_". I tried to provieded solution (solution 1) but it didn't work. http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65706-article-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Issue#2:
I can't get sound working. I've installed the drivers (ALC889) but it won't work. The problem I think is that when I go to preferences and under Sound Output, it says that there are no audio output available...

So, if any of you could help out, I'd really appreciate it.

One extra question, if I were to startup MultiBeast again and try and set it up from the start, will it conflict with the previous tries, or will it first delete all relevant kexts and start from scratch? I want to try and select other audio options but I am afraid of just getting stuck with several kext files in there conflicting each other or something..

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: ISSUE #2 has been solved! I have reinstalled Yosemite and started from scratch with MultiBeast and it seemed to work, but the first problem still persists. I've tried using Chameleon Wizard and it's boot0md option, but it's not working...

Hey justr Unstable overclock now

Hi justr, maybe you have some suggestions.

Recently, after having a stable overclock for a while, I have recently be experiencing freezes. I, or my family, will be using Firefox or Safari and using a flash site (NickJr, CBS kids or the like), when all of a sudden the machine will completely freeze with the sound going off continuously. No mouse movement, no system monitoring movement. Have to reboot the machine from the button and sometimes the overclock settings are gone. Do I need to adjust the voltages to the CPU, and if so which one?

Or is this something different and not related to the overclock? Right now I have ran with no overclock for a few days and nothing has occured.

I have search google, and my console logs give no indication of an issue. Thank you.

anyone know how to hide system reserved and untitled (windows disk) from mounting in yosemite? All the old guides point to using rc.local but yosemite moved away from using that from what i can tell and those disks still mount.

Any idea would be great.

bump??

Looks like a thread opened up about the freezes I have been having:

Hackintosh occasionally freezes accompanied by loud static - in Mavericks Desktop Support

I just wanted to thank Electron Shaper for his mb file post.

Only a couple of things I needed to change
1) GraphicsEnabler=False because I was using NVidia GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
2) ALC889 Audio did not work when I used the MultiBeast for Yosemite (7.1.1). I finished all other installations, and then loaded ALC889 from MultiBeast for Mavericks and now I have a fully functioning system !

My Plist below if anyone else is interested

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>