Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6770
Hey guys,

I'm experiencing some weird issues when booting Yosemite post-install.

I'm able to get into Unibeast and install Yosemite with no problem (no boot flags needed)
However, when I try to boot from my hard drive with Chimera, it gets stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.
I tried PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, and various combinations of those but nothing worked.

Here's the weirdest part though - booting from Unibeast with -x gets me into my installation without any issues (but in safe mode of course). Booting with -x from my hard drive doesn't change anything. I even copied the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Unibeast to my hard drive but that didn't work either.

For reference, Mavericks worked fine without any PCIRootUID or npci flags for me. I used both Chameleon and Chimera with no issues. The PCI Configuration Begin issue is entirely new to me. I would appreciate any help.

Specs:
Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 950
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770

You have to install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.9.5. There's a rollback option under System in Multicast. My system was getting stuck there as well and when I installed the older version, my system was able to boot just fine.

Great, thank you! It got past that step. I need to fix some other stuff but that shouldn't be as hard.

Mines will load up but goes to sleep before login??? Any help is welcome ....thanks....Updated well i have it up and running but without sound

I have the same board, but have issues with installing.
Only able to install with boot flags. Can you be more specific (from creating USB unibeast options) and Multibeast settings after install (you could also attach .mb file)
My installation is now stuck on boot screen with progress bar an beginning.
When I put -x it stops at various points (attachments). Also please attach your BIOS settings. Tnx for help.

Attachments

• IMG_20141018_165138.jpg
    IMG_20141018_165138.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 630
I've attached a copy of my Multibeast settings.

However, Multibeast now creates an org.chameleon.boot.plist optimized for new boards that have intel HD.

Make sure you set IGPEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

If you have an existing Mavericks or even Snow Mountain running build you can even copy your DSDT.aml and org.chameleon.boot.plist to the /Extra folder of your unibeast installer. My install was a breeze!

Here's my org.chameleon.boot.plist :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Electronshaper_Ga-x58a-ud3r.mb
    6.1 KB · Views: 542
  • Electronshaper_Ga-x58a-ud3r.png
    Electronshaper_Ga-x58a-ud3r.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,818
Last edited:
By the way, this board can benefit of the SId Bug fix. I was getting a lot of console errors from SystemId.

Just follow the Sid Bug fix steps on the iMessage Fix post and you'll have a clean console in no time.

Was anyone able to get iMessage working on 10.10? FaceTime, iCloud and App Store all work fine, but I was never able to get iMessage working on the Ga-x58a-ud3r.

Thank you! This worked for me. I was stuck in apple logo after multibeast restart; then I came across this post. Thanks again.

All,

I am trying to do a clean install of Yosemite on my pc with the following specs:

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R R2.0
CPU: i7 950
Graphics: GTX 480
12 GB ram

To get the installer to work I had to use the following modifiers:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -x

Now though, when I try to boot into my new Yosemite install, it boots to a point, then the screen goes black. I have tried using the same modifiers, and used verbose to see what happens, but it gets to a certain point and the screen goes black. It does it right after where it does the checks on the hard drive. I know it is not an issue with the hard drive as I was using it with Lion earlier before I wiped it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back