Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
that flag is not only incorrect - assume you mean cpus=1 - it is totally unnecessary.

Sorry. I wrote it incorrectly. I meant cpus=1. When I use this flag, I can notice from HWMonitor that only one cpu is working (only the first has got the multiplier x24; the others x0). If I remove the flag from the file org.chameleon.boot.plist, the OS doesn't boot.

Any suggestion?
Bye

Sorry. I wrote it incorrectly. I meant cpus=1. When I use this flag, I can notice from HWMonitor that only one cpu is working (only the first has got the multiplier x24; the others x0). If I remove the flag from the file org.chameleon.boot.plist, the OS doesn't boot.

Any suggestion?
Bye
Then you have something else wrong. The BIOS settings for the UD3R and the UD7 are same - click on the build in my sig and find the post where I uploaded the BIOS settings and MultiBeast selections and try those. You also need to use either a DSDT that matches your BIOS version or add NullCPU kext to your selections in MultiBeast.

Then you have something else wrong. The BIOS settings for the UD3R and the UD7 are same - click on the build in my sig and find the post where I uploaded the BIOS settings and MultiBeast selections and try those. You also need to use either a DSDT that matches your BIOS version or add NullCPU kext to your selections in MultiBeast.

Mano thanks, I'll try your suggestions as soon as I come back home for the weekend. I found your settings to compare with mine. I can only add I already use a DSDT matching the last BIOS version FH for my motherboard.
Bye

I ran the 10.10.2 update from the APP store and now all I get is the cursor. Nothing else.

Hi Going Bald,
I made some attempts as you suggested but I didn't succeed. I can confirm you I am using ths DSDT.aml I got from tonymacx86 site matching the last BIOS FH of my mobo. I also installed the NullCPU kext and removed the parameter cpus=1 from boot file. The booting phase hangs with the very sad sentence:

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x1246... , Size: 0x4d511, File: free, Lin: 0

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I also tried to upgrade to 10.10.2 but nothing changes. I am desperate. How can I use all the CPUs?
Have you got any further suggestion?
Many thanks in advance
Bye Rommy

I edit and put here some infos from bdmesg:
SMBIOS orig was = f0ce0
SMBIOS new is = d1b000
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 20715 bytes.
ACPI Table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7
Found ACPI CPU: CPU8
Found ACPI CPU: CPU9
Found ACPI CPU: CPUA
Found ACPI CPU: CPUB
Found ACPI CPU: CPUC
Found ACPI CPU: CPUD
Found ACPI CPU: CPUE
Found ACPI CPU: CPUF
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 0xc, max 0x18
SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)
It seems ok to me.

Last edited:
Hi Going Bald,
I made some attempts as you suggested but I didn't succeed. I can confirm you I am using ths DSDT.aml I got from tonymacx86 site matching the last BIOS FH of my mobo. I also installed the NullCPU kext and removed the parameter cpus=1 from boot file. The booting phase hangs with the very sad sentence:

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x1246... , Size: 0x4d511, File: free, Lin: 0

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I also tried to upgrade to 10.10.2 but nothing changes. I am desperate. How can I use all the CPUs?
Have you got any further suggestion?
First thing I would do is disconnect everything - SATA drives, USB flash drives, eSATA drives, etc.
With no media devices attached run memtest Prime95 for 4 or 5 iterations to check the RAM.
Then attach your OS X drive and try to get it up and running.

First thing I would do is disconnect everything - SATA drives, USB flash drives, eSATA drives, etc.
With no media devices attached run memtest Prime95 for 4 or 5 iterations to check the RAM.
Then attach your OS X drive and try to get it up and running.

Exactly. Whenever I get new RAM, or whenever I suspect an issue that could be RAM-- boot a drive w/ memtest and let it run overnight on the RAM at stock clocks (everything in the system) with nothing but the basics plugged in. At least know that your RAM and/or RAM slots are all good before moving forward.

Did you try installing AppleACPIPlatform Rollback from MultiBeast. My ga x58a ud7 rev 2.0 needs it with Yosemite. Never did use it before.

Did you try installing AppleACPIPlatform Rollback from MultiBeast. My ga x58a ud7 rev 2.0 needs with Yosemite. Never did use it before.

That is odd - my rev 1 -UD7 did not need that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back