i9-9900k
Graphics
PNY GTX 1080 FE
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know that USB 3.0 functionality (or lack thereof) is a popular topic right now, but for the life of me I can't figure this out, even after searching the forums.

I upgraded to ML on day one, used MB 4.6.1 at the time. Everything worked but Audio (easy fix) and USB 3.0. I gave up for awhile to wait to see what Tony and MacMan came up with as far as USB 3.0 drivers in MultiBeast 5.0.

Yesterday I used MultiBeast 5.0.2 and upgraded Chimera, FakeSMC stuff and installed the new CalDigit USB 3.0 driver. In System Information, it shows 'USB Super-Speed Bus' with a Host Controller Driver 'CalDigitUSBxHCI'. However, no matter what I place in the USB 3.0 ports, nothing ever shows up as connected.

And yes, the USB 3.0 ports are enabled in the BIOS, and they did work in Lion 10.7.4.

Should this new CalDigit driver be working with my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (FH) board? If so, can someone help me troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance,

- Coolz

CoolzNoUSB.png

I don't think CalDigit kext will work with X58A-UD3R. I used PXHCD version 1.0.1 not a version 1.0.8 in MB 4.6.1 and iousbfamily + iousbmassStorageClass from DP3. There are two things you should know:
1. PXHCD v.1.0.8 + 2 kext from DP3. USB 3 works fine but you will have problem with sleep and shutdown. If sleep more than 2 time, it won't shutdown properly.
2. PXHCD v.1.0.1 + 2 kext from DP3. USB 3 works fine but if you let system sleep, only monitor sleep. If you don't connect any USB 3 devices since bootup, system will sleep and shutdown without any issue.

I have another system P55A-UD3R, with PXHCD v.1.0.8 + 2 kext from DP3, everything work well, sleep and shutdown no issue. Both X58A and P55A are using same NEC/RENESSANCE chipset, but in Mountain Lion it won't work same as LION.

Hope this help

Regards ----

Yesterday I used MultiBeast 5.0.2 and upgraded Chimera, FakeSMC stuff and installed the new CalDigit USB 3.0 driver. In System Information, it shows 'USB Super-Speed Bus' with a Host Controller Driver 'CalDigitUSBxHCI'. However, no matter what I place in the USB 3.0 ports, nothing ever shows up as connected.

And yes, the USB 3.0 ports are enabled in the BIOS, and they did work in Lion 10.7.4.

Should this new CalDigit driver be working with my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (FH) board? If so, can someone help me troubleshoot it?

Exactly same here. The only little difference is my Bios FF and didn't use anything from new MB 5.0.2 but USB 3.0.
The 2 usb ports are dead... usb3 or usb2 device wont work there.
We need new drivers for this board

Same. Why doesnt the MultiBeast USB 3.0 option activate the USB3.0 functionality? Have been trying to figure this out on Mountain Lion for a minute.

Same for me. I get the SuperSpeed USB in System Profiler and there it shows my connected devices. But i cannot use them. Any ideas?

Same here. aftet upgrading USB 3 stops working

I'm having the exact same problem Same board (FF for BIOS though) and both USB 3.0 ports are useless. Nothing shows up when plugged into them.
In System Profiler is says that the Driver for the Super Speed Buss is MXHCD v1.0.0. Could this have anything to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back