Graphics
CPU graphic
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
My mac book pro even won't auto-sleep. Use Pleasesleep or sleepwatcher. Let me know if you need a plist for sleepwatcher.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA X58A-U3DR
CPU
i7-980
Graphics
AMD > Need model name > See Rules!
i have three different versions of hard drives. none are probably recommended. do you have a link to any of the dvd drives you brough up?

that maybe my problem. also, i do not set my cdrom to first boot? is that absolutely necessary flytiger? it boots up way faster when i load hard drive first

jpa

Motherboard
CPU
i7 930
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
the cd drive is compatible with sleep? sony?

see my signature

Motherboard
ga-z68x-ud3h-UEFI
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
mranderson169 said:
i have three different versions of hard drives. none are probably recommended. do you have a link to any of the dvd drives you brough up?

that maybe my problem. also, i do not set my cdrom to first boot? is that absolutely necessary flytiger? it boots up way faster when i load hard drive first

You are not necessary to set your cdrom to first boot, you just need to get a compatible cdrom and replace your existing one. The one listed in the CustMac Guild works perfectly.
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA X58A-U3DR
CPU
i7-980
Graphics
AMD > Need model name > See Rules!
thanks for the replies guys...im sure it is my 3 dvd drives that are causing the problem.

they are these drives...

ATAPI iHAS424 B-gl 14 firmware-
LG HL-DL-ST dvdram gh24n550
Philips DVD+-RW DVD8801

jpa, i hear you are the man. looks like we have the same board. Sounds like i need to get a sony opti-arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.