Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Customac Pro 2010 system has been working flawlessly for over 2 years, until recently. I'm gotten pretty good at updating OSx by now but generally stay away from messing with BIOS settings since the initial build. However, a while back, my HD boot order in the bios reverted to a non-system drive by default and I lived with it by catching F12 during boot to select the right system drive. I got tired of that game and recently went in ONLY to fix this issue which worked. I dont remember messing with any changes to CPU, RAM, Voltage, etc. (Not even in the same menu section as what I changed on the boot drive order front)

Ever since then, I've noticed the CPU Voltage LED are showing L2 (green/yellow) These lights were never on in the past. No other MB LED are lit and the system seems like it's running as great as ever. System is not intentionally overclocked or overclocked inadvertently, at least, to my knowledge.

I've been cozy with my Gigabyte MB manual (ugh!) and trolling the forums for similar issues & fixes, but afraid to do anything to fix if I don't understand what I'm doing well. I didn't come across any posts that spoke to this issue either.

If this happened to you:

How would you interpret the LED warnings above? (Single setting in BIOS vs. mix of BIOS settings in play?)

How concerned would you be in general?

What would you look first in the BIOS for potential fixes?

Is it possible it's my PSU going bad? I don't feel it is the issue because the LED only came on after I went into the BIOS. But I dont feel like I was anywhere near the voltage settings or tweaks when in the BIOS at that time.

Any insight or guidance would rock.

Cheers,
JW

Same problem and same board. Over Voltage LED = Red! And sound is choppy when led turns red. Try with another PSU... same thing.
Temperature stay belove 60c. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back