Nvidia GTX 460 Fermi
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellow Hackintoshers!
So I've searched high and low to find an answer to my predicament: I can't seem to get audio working on my Hackintosh. I have a Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R MOBO running FF, and I've tried With DSDT>ALC889 and Without DSDT>ALC889, and VooDoo, but nothing gets audio to come out of the speaker jack on the back of my computer. I an play it through airstream on my MacBook pro, but there aren't any options for built in audio. Any ideas? 'Cause I'm stuck!
Thanks!
Paul

Please pardon my ignorance, but I am having a hard time digesting all the information there! I don't have npci=x2000 in my plist, so that's not a problem. I've never done any dsdt editing, so I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I have had audio on this machine before in ML, and I thought I did the same thing with this install as far as kexts in MultiBeast are concerned, but apparently not. If I installed ALC889 with DSDT, and without DSDT, will that cause problems?

I installed HDAEnabler1.kext, and now I have two Intel Hight Definition Audio devices in System Reports, and they both have an ID of 1. (see attachment) Should I go back and delete The kext?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 10.41.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 10.41.00 AM.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 574
I installed HDAEnabler1.kext, and now I have two Intel Hight Definition Audio devices in System Reports, and they both have an ID of 1. (see attachment) Should I go back and delete The kext?
At least read all of Post #1, it tells you what to choose for installation. It also has verification, trouble shooting and, the part you never got to, problem reporting. That screenshot says you made a mistake. Without the problem reporting information, you are wasting your time (the 2 posts above) and mine (again requesting the info you were asked to provide in Post #2 of this thread and did not).

Ok, now I feel really stupid. I had used Unibeast to create a Mountain Lion installer USB, and I assumed (incorrectly) that the version of ML that I had downloaded was 10.8.5.
I was wrong.
It was 10.8.4, so I downloaded the combo installer of 10.8.5, cloned my internal drive (just in case), and installed it, then ran multibeast for ALC889, and voilà! I have internal speakers, line in and out, and digital out all showing up!
Hurrah!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back