Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0) with Working USB 3.0 on ML 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm? I've all but given up. I just cannot get pro tools 10 launching wirelessly using the same USB adapter as you. I may give it one more go from scratch. Which method did you use and did you delete any kexts? I hope you don't mind too many questions! I'm going to whip out my bass and play a few tunes to calm myself down!!!!!
Eco

Could it be as simple as a Bios setting?

Could it be as simple as a Bios setting?

Thanks John,

No, I'm sure it's not the BIOS. My machine as we speak, several drives including Win7, SLeopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. This computer has been stable for 2.5 years now......it was the iLok and Pro Tools upgrade that did something 'naughty!'. I've got this down pat now and it doesn't take me long to start right from scratch. I'll give it one more go. I DO know it's a network issue....and not just confined to Hackintoshes.

cheers

Eco

I've never deleted any kexkts... as I've told, I've installed following this thread, from a LEGIT, adquired, Mountain Lion, using Mulibest downloaded from this web....
Ive used this drivers since ever, hope it works for you too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...an_11n_USB_MacOS10.6_Driver_1079_UI_1.8.8.zip

Cheers.

Thanks again. I'll give it one more go and see if I've missed something......weird really because I've formatted several drives in exactly the same way without a hiccup. One more go...

Incidentally, thanks for the driver......if I'm not mistaken, it was the one that I'd posted many moons ago....so we're pretty much the same. Now......if I use a wired connection, ALL IS GOOD with PTools....however, I'm aiming to get back to to using PTools wireless (which is what I once had). I'll play around and see how I go.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Eco

So the initial link to the proper .kext is not active any longer. is there anyway to get the USB3 working on the X58A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back