Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
GA-X299 Designare EX Users Never Change Bios Set Factory Default Install Os copy Attached EFI Folder To EFI Drive

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 514
Last edited:
You got the subject correct but spell check autocorrect gotcha in your post.

Designer should be Designare.

GA-X299 Designare EX Users Never Change Bios Set Factory Default Install Os copy Attached EFI Folder To EFI Drive
Hi @karthik,
What CPU are you using? Is everything working for you? Including onboard TB3?

Hi @karthik,
What CPU are you using? Is everything working for you? Including onboard TB3?
Yes I have tested 3 of these boards now and the Designare EX rocks due to onboard thunderbolt. Yes it works, I just havent got it to hotswap. Do you have any info on how to? Its going to be different than @kgp GC-Alpine Ridge methods. I would love to know if anyone has got it to work with the onboard TB.

Yes I have tested 3 of these boards now and the Designare EX rocks due to onboard thunderbolt. Yes it works, I just havent got it to hotswap. Do you have any info on how to? Its going to be different than @kgp GC-Alpine Ridge methods. I would love to know if anyone has got it to work with the onboard TB.
Did you get your Designare EX and i9-7980XE fully working with kgp's guide or did you use another one?
It seems some people has this mobo fully working (even TB3 hotswap) but I don't see any specific guide anywhere.

I have this Gigabyte mobo too, with a 7960X... Try to figure out, Mojave installed but a lot of things not working as expected... If you have any infos ?

Thanks

What's not working? I had issues with DisplayPort not working but HDMI did from the same video card. Final Cut Pro and Compressor were unable to export anything without completely locking up the computer. None of the on board audio worked, on board WiFi did not work and I could only get one of the ethernet ports to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back