ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I'm getting pretty exhausted by my config based on a GA-Q77M-D2H and a GeForce GTX 760.
It was working quiet ok, but it decided to crash.
I am struggling re-installing the system.

Could someone post the Complete Multibeast settings for such a system. I would greatly appreciate.
For now I'm only able to boot in Safe mode, also USB3 has always been a issue on this system (maybe the reason of my recent crash)

Help Please.

First you have a realtek 887 audio chip, so you will need the HDA enabler and driver for that specific number.

Ethernet is intel, so pick one of the intel drivers, I am using the oldest one and it seems to be good.

The generic usb 3 driver

You HAVE to have FakeSMC, plug in's optional

IF you choose the dsdt free option when you first open it, you can then just add your audio and network drivers, everything else is chosen for you. One thing I've found with the latest version of Multibeast is that it doesn't finish installing without errors if I don't FIRST do a REPAIR PERMISIONS in Disk Utility before pressing the build button in Multibeast.

Thank you,
I followed your advice. Started multi beast with Quick Start > DSDT Free.
Adding the Audio and Ethernet.
Multibeast.png

Repaired the permission and reboot... no success, still stuck

in -v mode I See :

SMC: : smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
DSMOS has arrived
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

I was wrong, it's a SOUND related issue ...
As I posted here , if I remove both AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext, the system boots no problem ... without sound of course.

As soon has I re-install those drivers with Multibeast 6.2.1, the system hangs on the spinning boot grey screen (I can see the machine on my network, but impossible to connect)

My system is suppose to use realtek 887 ... any one has a clue ?

Well I report too fast.
Stability in general seems an issue.
Freeze after sleep, USB 3 also freeze the system, ... :thumbdown:

Some advices ? Should I change my system definition (for the moment I'm using the default Mac Pro 3,1) ?
My build is with a i5-3570k.

Any help appreciated.

I have the GA-Q77M-D2H with 3770K and no added graphics card, just using the HD 4000 on CPU. I am also experiencing the "freezing" after sleep with 10.9.2. The most obvious problem is the that hard drive will not spin up after sleep, so although I can enter my password, it never logs in successfully with no working hard drive.

I'll post here if I find out a solution to the sleep issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back