Graphics
AMD HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I put together some hardware for my first hackintosh (and first computer) build. It's supposed to be a good gaming computer without being too overloaded. I tried to follow the hardware databases at tonymac's wiki, but I'm not sure I understood everything correctly.

Can anyone tell me if this is going to work, please? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

The hardware is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
(anything more compatible or just better and as compatible?)

CPU: Intel i5-2500k

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 2Gb Vram

(same as with the motherboard)

Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4gb, 1600 Mhz DDR3

CPU-Fan: be quiet Dark Rock Advanced

Case Fans: 3x be quiet Silent Wings Pure 120 mm
(Do I need three of them?)

SSD: Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB
(Do I need 128 GB? I basically want to install Windows 7 and Snow Leopard on this, together with some important programs / games)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB
(Doesn't have to be this, I picked it as it was the first one Amazon showed me and it had fairly good consumer reports)

PSU: Be quiet BQT P9 PRO 750W

Case: Haven't decided yet, but ANTEC Six Hundred sounds good

Now, my main question is: Is this going to work with Snow Leopard and the install methods provided on this site, without having to tweak tons of stuff I don't understand? Besides, what do you think about the hardware? Is anything unnecessary?

Now that's a load of questions, if you don't want to answer all the noob ones, I'd be happy if you could give me some essential information :)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Epimetheus

You're in luck! :headbang: One of our mod's (Gordo74) has a build description and guide for this system except he's got a 5770 which shouldn't make a difference. viewtopic.php?f=168&t=26911&start=0

Yay! Thanks for the quick response :) Somehow I didn't figure i should also check forums other than Buying Advice... Sorry for that.

For the hardware that's not so hackintosh-relevant: Does it seem reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back