Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD4

Status
Not open for further replies.
wfj said:
Anyone know why this motherboard has dried up in the distribution channels? Seems pretty sudden...
I think Gigabyte has discontinued it.

MacMan said:
I think Gigabyte has discontinued it.

Yeah that's what Tonymac said, but you can get it from Amazon, just cost like $4-8 more than Newegg I think.

wfj said:
I wonder if the UD2 is next to get the axe...
I think so as the GA-H55M-UD2H is a very similar board. The only difference seems to be P55 vs. H55 and the H55 loses 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors.

jimx86 said:
wfj said:
BTW, for anyone shopping you can get $40 off on the UD2 or P55a-UD3 at Microcenter with CPU purchase. Here is the link:

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/pro ... _0625.html

OMG I'm building my PC with a P55A-UD3 right now! :|

Oh well, Micro Center doesn't have it paired with a 875K :p

Have you clocked that 875k up yet? Most of the reviews I've seen state it's a waste of money because there isn't much headroom over what you get in an 860 anyway...but I would be curious to see how far you can push it.

MacMan said:
wfj said:
I wonder if the UD2 is next to get the axe...
I think so as the GA-H55M-UD2H is a very similar board. The only difference seems to be P55 vs. H55 and the H55 loses 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors.

Perhaps Gigabyte is about to release mATX boards with SATA III and USB 3.0...that would be cool!

wfj said:
Perhaps Gigabyte is about to release mATX boards with SATA III and USB 3.0...that would be cool!

Well, they will be removing ALC 889a support for sure, as it seems their goal to slowly phase it out of their boards in the A series, so it's sort of a mixed blessing.

jimx86 said:
wfj said:

Well, they will be removing ALC 889a support for sure, as it seems their goal to slowly phase it out of their boards in the A series, so it's sort of a mixed blessing.

Did you mean phase out their non-"A" boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back