Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD5750 Vapor-X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys! I think there are others they have GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard (with Core i5-750). This thread for us, and i want to start a conversation topic to solve Mountain Lion installation problems about this configuration.

In my case i want to upgrade from Snow Leopard (10.6.7) with clean install, but i always get stock at white screen and that spinnig thing.
I've tried Unibeast with 8GB pendrive, but it freezes the system before booting. Then xMove solution causes white screen (before it at the white screen always rebooted, but the latest Chimera solved it). So i have no idea what to do.
Additional information:
MB: GA-P55M-UD2 F11
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 2.8 GHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5750 Vapor-X 1GB

Not sure if this will help, but have you fried the various boot flags? I'm running into other issues myself with a similar Gigabyte board, but maybe this will get some ideas rolling.

e.g.
-x
GraphicsEnabler=No
npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1

Also, are getting stuck before installation or are you getting stuck booting into ML (post-installation)?

I have a P55M-UD2 board with GTX 460 1G and I had no issues what-so-ever when it came to installing mountain lion. I didnt use unibeast though. I created the "Installer" partition of my HDD using the old method of restoring BaseSystem to the partition and then moving over the kernel and OSinstall packages. If you look up tuts on google on how to do it this way you will find them. I ONLY DID THIS because xmove and unibeast were not working when I received the GM per my DEV account.

You may want to try it this way if you continue to have issues. Also boot with -v to see what your system is hanging on (if at all) and make sure your BIOS settings are set correctly. HPET, ACHI ect...

I never had to mess with bootflags with this board I just used what chimera installs by default.

Make sure the newest chimera is whats being loaded as your bootloader when your booting to the installer (not sure if unibeast puts the latest chimera on the USB pen or not).

DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR PRIMARY OSX INSTALL POST INSTALLATION! You may have to move over FakeSMC.kext to /system/library/extensions before you can boot into mountain lion (iv always had to do this; though im sure there is an easier way I just dont know it)

Not sure if this will help, but have you fried the various boot flags? I'm running into other issues myself with a similar Gigabyte board, but maybe this will get some ideas rolling.

e.g.
-x
GraphicsEnabler=No
npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1

Also, are getting stuck before installation or are you getting stuck booting into ML (post-installation)?

I've tried all of these, but i can't even get over apple logo and white screen.

I have a P55M-UD2 board with GTX 460 1G and I had no issues what-so-ever when it came to installing mountain lion. I didnt use unibeast though. I created the "Installer" partition of my HDD using the old method of restoring BaseSystem to the partition and then moving over the kernel and OSinstall packages. If you look up tuts on google on how to do it this way you will find them. I ONLY DID THIS because xmove and unibeast were not working when I received the GM per my DEV account.

You may want to try it this way if you continue to have issues. Also boot with -v to see what your system is hanging on (if at all) and make sure your BIOS settings are set correctly. HPET, ACHI ect...

I never had to mess with bootflags with this board I just used what chimera installs by default.

Make sure the newest chimera is whats being loaded as your bootloader when your booting to the installer (not sure if unibeast puts the latest chimera on the USB pen or not).

DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR PRIMARY OSX INSTALL POST INSTALLATION! You may have to move over FakeSMC.kext to /system/library/extensions before you can boot into mountain lion (iv always had to do this; though im sure there is an easier way I just dont know it)

This method looks like a mess in mind.
I'll take a picture from verbose mode, that will bring us closer to the right steps.
BIOS settings are fine, all the same as was at snow leopard install 2 years ago.

I think there is one more useable solution: wait for correct xMove version, when installation errors have reduced. :)

Here it is:

Attachments

• SI850231.JPG
    SI850231.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 425
I'm sending my GA-P55M-UD2 to my brother when it's done with this install.

I'll post in here with progress.

P55M-UD-2 F11 BIOS w/i5 750 @ 2.67 12GB ASUS GTX 460 1GB

I had to run Multibeast USB rollback against the USB drive installer to get the keyboard & mouse working for install, but then it seemed to work. Unfortunately it cratered toward the end of the installation saying the "OS X could not be installed on your computer" - I did a CCC restore and then did a disk repair & permissions repair, guessing it won't help, but it's running the install again now so I'll update here if I get any progress on it.

Success!

Same motherboard, 9800 GT, i7 - success after a lot of bad attempts!
Scenario:
1) Don't forget to disable serial port in BIOS!!!
2) Don't forget about other required settings (AHCI, PEG, HPET x64 etc.)
3) Create additional partition with approx. 5Gb size
4) Using xMove fill partition from step 3 with ML installation
5) Be sure that you have at least one more partition with preinstalled fresh Chimera
6) Restart your PC and install ML
7) Log in to previous OS (Lion in my case), launch Multibeast and setup required improvements for just installed ML
8) Re-launch PC, now go with ML - Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back