Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD2 Install Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same mobo and cpu with 6870. I managed to get most of the things working except sound in ML. For me I followed this tutorial to fix the hanging at white loading screen: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

I do have 3 monitors hooked up via 2x Minidisplay port and 1x dvi. My secondary monitors are some what laggy when switching between desktops and doing other fast refresh

Had the same problems.
Chimera update resolved it all.

Another P55M-UD2 owner here, everything went fine with xMove and the installation of ML but now Im getting KP...

First at the login screen and now it doesn't even get to the login screen. I got some pics of verbose mode if anyone wants to help me out. :thumbup:

PrMXG.jpg

kUI3H.jpg

Success story here.

GA-P55M-UD2 F11, i7 870, 16GB Ram, Radeon 5870, 'Mac Pro 3,1'.

Trying to boot off a USB key froze the system at BIOS. Switched to xMove method. Have existing Lion install, cloned to second disk, then upgraded the clone.

Updated all disks to latest Chimera.
Used xMove to copy installer to small install partition.
Made sure GraphicsEnabler set to 'No' in Installer partition org.chameleon.boot.plist
Reboot, and select install partition.
Install booted fine, and went quickly.
Rebooted into Mountain Lion first time with no errors.
Second reboot, hit Kernel Panic due to USB.

Did rollback of USB (IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext) as per instructions here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ibeast-1-5-appleusbehci-fix-2.html#post393023

After reboot, discovered that my USB audio interface was not working.
Rolled back to AppleUSBAudio.kext from my 10.7.4 Lion installation, reboot and all is working.

Graphics a bit choppy, and card reporting as 'Radeon 5000'.
Change to GraphicsEnabler=Yes in ML partition.
Downloaded latest DSDT.aml from this site and placed in /E/E
Reboot and all is well.

MAKE BACKUPS OF ALL YOUR KEXTS BEFORE TROUBLESHOOTING. This was my second install as I decided to 'fix' the audio with a shotgun Multibeast install. Had to re-clone my Lion disk and start again.

All is working here except sleep.
AppleRTC.kext only helps not to reset CMOS but after waking from sleep, system goes to restart anyway...

Success. With UniBeast 1.5.3 and GraphicsEnabler=No the system installed properly. One more problem left: HD5750 compatiblity... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back