2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: Started over. See new post below.
====================
I have a GA-P55M-UD2 with 10.9 Mavericks currently installed.

Now with MultiBeast out I though it be time to upgrade, I have upgraded the other Macs in the house.

I downloaded El Capitan installer weeks ago, when I upgraded the MacBooks.

This would not work with Unibeast 6.1.1, so I re-downloaded.

This made Unibeast happy, but now the install would work onto the USB drives I had. Said "Couldn't copy base system".

I tried a couple of 8GB thumb drives and none worked.

So I found an old 250GB SATA drive and slapped on a USB adapter. That wouldn't show up. Apparently Unibeast only looks for drives with at least 8GB free, but smaller than 32GB.

So I partitioned the drive to 20GB and Unibeast saw it.

It still failed to install, so and futzing with it I closed the 10+ apps usually running and just left Unibeast running and left the machine for awhile. When I came back - Success.

Unibeast drive complete!

-

Now trying to get the Unibeast drive to boot.

At first it work boot to a plain Clover interface - lots of text. This is not the normal Clover boot. Things are mentioned in the help list that hitting space bar will allow boot with -v. Not it this simple version.

From there selecting USB to boot from would hang the machine. On screen was b1f: init, b1f: error.

Looking at the big help list I tried adding my DSDT.aml per
If you have a DSDT.aml for your board, copy it to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and try again
. I also edited my config.plist (using Chameleon Wizard) to all CPUS=1 and -v.
BTW to mount the EFI partition you have to enable the debug menu in Disk Utility then go into the debug menu to "Show every partition".

This made my machine boot to the fully graphical Clover interface. From here I can hit space bar and get a boot with verbose option.

Selecting Unibeast USB drive here gets me in the end to a White Do Not Enter symbol on a black screen. Before that I get a White Apple on a black screen and progress bar. This turns into the do not enter symbol.

With verbose turned on I get "waiting for root device".

---

From the big help list I see setting cpus=1 could help - I have that set in config.plist (I also have -v set and that doesn't seem to do anything).

It says I could download and install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. But the big help says to "put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/", but there is no such place. Wait I just remembered hidden folder and kextbeast app - will have to try that.
Another fix is to add a SSDT.aml. But I don't see a super quick way to build this and see a couple of ways. I need to build this on Mavericks w/o Clover. I will look at this next.
I did try using a powered USB hub - no change.

--

Summary: Built Unibeast USB drive. Booted to simple Clover boot screen. Made some tweaks and I can now get to a much more graphical Clover screen. Machine hangs at Do Not Enter Sign.

PS: USB: My Mechanical QFR keyboard does not work with the BIOS of my machine. So I brought out my old MS 4000 keyboard. Ironically once I get into the Clover only the QFR keyboard works and the MS one does not.

EDIT: Started over. See new post below.
====================

Now I am getting farther - a black screen. Well my monitor is blinking like it is not getting a signal.

Only change was the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (I think).

New Post. Now working.
I started by following HawkXP in http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...5-usb3-usb-support-installer.html#post1120197 .

Step 1 - I did this, but did not inject Nvidia (I have a supported ATI - 5770).
Step 2 - Did this
Step 3 - Did this
Step 4 - Did this
Step 5 - Yep. I don't have any USB 3 ports on my motherboard, so I used one of the USB 2 ports on the motherboard in the back.
Step 6+ - Nope.
When I started over a erased the El Capitan partition and the EFI, so this is started from a clean set of partitions.

1. Create USB drive with Unibeast 6. Choose legacy and inject Nvidia (I have Nvidia GTX470).

2. After USB creation, edit (using Clover Configurator.app) config.plist which is located on the USB in /EFI/CLOVER.
- On SMBIOS tab, click magic wand and select MacPro3,1.
- On Boot tab, select npci=0x2000 and dart=0.
- On Graphics tab, select Inject NVidia.
- Save and overwrite config.plist.

3. Put DSDT.aml on USB drive in /EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched.

4. Restart.

5. Boot from USB (I inserted my USB drive in a USB 3.0 port). No need to use any other args. I have working keyboard and mouse during install.

I ran Multibeast 8.0.1 and selected Quick Start - Legacy Boot Mode and Drivers - Realtek ALCxxx - ALC887/88b Legacy.

After this I rebooted and removed the Unibeast USB Thumb drive. Yes, even though I selected the drive I installed El Capitan in the BIOS screen, it would still boot to the Clover on the USB Thumb Drive. Arrghh. My Unibeast drive doesn't provide audio.

I did have to go into the Sound control panel select the output (Internal Speakers).

I did have to go back and install a DSDT.aml to get my USB Bluetooth to work. I downloaded the latest DSDT for my board ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php ). And I edited the audio string per http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-mobo-ga-p55m-ud2.html#post1107857 using MaciASL.app in the DSDT, though I don't think I really needed to.

After installing updates and checking the system out I then ran Migration Assistant to move my install from my Mavericks 10.9 drive.

USB FYI: My USB worked the whole time, but my regular keyboard (Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid) does not work in the BIOS screens on my computer. So I plugged in my old Microsoft 4000 keyboard. Then that does not work in the Clover screens (but my Cm QFR does).

Upgraded to 10.11.3 via the App Store. Went pretty well, but one time it booted to a black screen (with a cursor). Let it sit for awhile then rebooted the computer and it has worked fine ever since. No problems with audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back