Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD2 build: please critique component list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vendetta said:
From what I have read/experienced, you're going to have a heck of a time getting HDMI out of a 9800GT. I've tried a number of variations, with no luck going into my TV.
It all depends on the TV/monitor...
As said, it seems to be an HDCP issue, and mine works without issues.

If I bought a card today, I'd look at the 5770 or GTX 260.
But what about a silent card ?

Lnx2Mac said:
[
But what about a silent card ?

Yes, that's the question. I have yet to find a silent 5770 or 260 card ready to ship.

I'm still inclined to go with the silent 8400 in my original parts list, because I've never needed any graphics capability beyond that in my 2008 24" iMac, which I think is a Radeon 2400XT--not a fancy gaming card. At $40, it's hard to beat the price, but there is no guarantee it won't be plagued by the same HDCP issues as some see in the 9800.

Hi there ,
I have a UD2 build running Windows 7 but it has dual ATI 5450 cards. I built it primarily to run W7 with the option to install OSX later. I was hoping the 5450's would be supported in the future but it seems not so I'm guessing the 5450 cards won't work . I'm looking at getting a Gigabyte Silent Cell 5770 as it's shipping now. Has anyone installed one of these yet? It says it can run 3 monitors with eyfinity .Somehow I doubt that will work though.

Cheers
Adralicus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back