Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD2 build: please critique component list

Status
Not open for further replies.
shremi said:
My 2 cents are go for a 5770 since people report that is working with native HDMI. and also it carries audio.

Good Luck

Shremi

Thanks for the advice! From what you write above it seems like the 9800 is outputting video signal fine via HDMI, but may not be capable of negotiating an HDCP-compliant connection with your monitor. This is consistent with Lnx2Mac's comments on his blog that the HDMI-out incompatibility with this card is monitor/TV specific. But I will look into the 5770 cards to see if I can find a reasonably priced silent card.

I am unable to find a passively-cooled 5770. Will a lesser ATI card, like a 5450, 5550, or 5570 also give OOB compatibility with 10.6.x? I'll poke around on the forum and see what they are reporting...

Thanks!

virusdoc said:
I am unable to find a passively-cooled 5770. Will a lesser ATI card, like a 5450, 5550, or 5570 also give OOB compatibility with 10.6.x? I'll poke around on the forum and see what they are reporting...

Thanks!
Currently none of those cards are supported OOB, only the 57/58/59xx cards.

virusdoc said:

Thanks!

Look for the Gigabyte SilentCell 5770, it's passively cooled.

virusdoc said:
shremi said:
Hey virusdoc.

Are you de same virusdoc form mydellmini ???

That's me. I actually reference my 10v guide at the top of this post.

Hey man !!

I actually used your dual booting guide for my mini 10v.

Nice to see you here....

I am actually shooting for the 5770 , but im just waiting on 10.6.5 to see if there is support for fermi cards and go the NVIDIA way.

Also you should know that currently the 5770 is supported in 32-bit only.

There are people who use another method from insanelymac and got it to work with 64-bit.

But im just waiting on1.6.5 before i make my final decision

virusdoc said:
shremi said:
My 2 cents are go for a 5770 since people report that is working with native HDMI. and also it carries audio.

Good Luck

Shremi

Thanks for the advice! From what you write above it seems like the 9800 is outputting video signal fine via HDMI, but may not be capable of negotiating an HDCP-compliant connection with your monitor. This is consistent with Lnx2Mac's comments on his blog that the HDMI-out incompatibility with this card is monitor/TV specific.
Exactly !

But I will look into the 5770 cards to see if I can find a reasonably priced silent card.
I RT on 8/30: GIGABYTE Unveils Market’s Only Passive Radeon™ HD5770 Graphics Card http://fb.me/Fpb17zeG ;)

From what I have read/experienced, you're going to have a heck of a time getting HDMI out of a 9800GT. I've tried a number of variations, with no luck going into my TV. If I bought a card today, I'd look at the 5770 or GTX 260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back