Sapphire HD7870 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi all, I need help..

after create usb boot with UniBeast Mountain Lion (also tick usb legacy) . I manage boot to Language select page but my mouse/keyboard not working. Anyone same mobo like me success install mountain lion?

My specs :-

Xeon X3440
GA-P55A-UD3P F14
Sapphire 6870 1Gb (remove ati6000 kext)

hi all, I need help..

after create usb boot with UniBeast Mountain Lion (also tick usb legacy) . I manage boot to Language select page but my mouse/keyboard not working. Anyone same mobo like me success install mountain lion?

My specs :-

Xeon X3440
GA-P55A-UD3P F14
Sapphire 6870 1Gb (remove ati6000 kext)

I have ga p55m ud2 f11 and got the same issue. I worked around it by installing IOUSBrollback kext from multibeast to the USB stick. Then it worked, however with KP for me...

Hi illWill,

I manage to install mountain lion. On USB boot drive I put my DSDT in Extra folder then run Kext Wizard (Maintenance - Extra & System/Library/Extension) for repair permission and rebuilt cache . Now for multibeast time . Hope everything ok . Will update soon .

Same problem here-- My Mobo is GA-P55-USB3 (rev 2) F9. As posted below AFTER I built the Unibeast thumbdrive I use Multibeast to put the USB rollback kext on to the Unibeast thumbdrive and then I can use my mouse and keyboard. The issue for me is that my installation gets to around 90% ( 3 Minutes left) and errors out.... EVERYTIME. I'm really not sure what I can do from there.

Did you load the Legacy USB rollback from the Unibeast installer AND put the IOUSBrollback kext from Multibeast on the thumbdrive?

On my GA-P55A-UD3 I used my regular bootloader, so I didn't boot USB.. than instead of selecting my HDD I choose the USB key. It installed fine and works great. I didn't have to reinstall anything but the audio after that. Only issue I have is the USB bluetooth disconnects every reboot and I have to press the buttons on the magic mouse and apple keyboard every time it reboots.

Bones,

Interesting... I'll give that a shot.

Didn't work for me ... the error scrolled by really fast and but it says something about a "bad magic number"

On my GA-P55A-UD3 I used my regular bootloader, so I didn't boot USB.. than instead of selecting my HDD I choose the USB key. It installed fine and works great. I didn't have to reinstall anything but the audio after that. Only issue I have is the USB bluetooth disconnects every reboot and I have to press the buttons on the magic mouse and apple keyboard every time it reboots.

Ok, so I was using an OLD bootloader which is probably why I got the "magic number" error when I tried to do what you said. So I updated my bootloader to the newest in MB and then gave it another shot.

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW-- I have USB support. Thanks for the tip! I'm installing ML right now and hoping that it won't fail with 3 minutes left again. I'll update in 15 minutes.

Ok, so I was using an OLD bootloader which is probably why I got the "magic number" error when I tried to do what you said. So I updated my bootloader to the newest in MB and then gave it another shot.

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW-- I have USB support. Thanks for the tip! I'm installing ML right now and hoping that it won't fail with 3 minutes left again. I'll update in 15 minutes.

Successfully installed...But Im not able to use that old bootloader to bootup my ML install... So I tried using the USB and I get the white screen with the spinning icon and NO USB support :(

Update .... When using any other bootloader (rboot, iboot, bootloader from MB 4.6.1) other than what is on the Unibeast thumbdrive to try and load my ML install I get the following error "Mach-0 file has bad magic number"

Hey All,

Here update for GA-P55A-UD3P .. I complete install ML . Below is my step how to install :-

- Create ML USB Boot (Unibeast ML) from my macbook.
- I use Sapphire ATI 6870 , so after done create usb boot I type ( default write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1 ) on terminal >> enter >> open up activity monitor to force quit (finder will be auto reload)
- On ML USB Boot , goto S/L/E then copy ATI6000Controller.kext to desktop and delete on S/L/E .
- I copy my DSDT (DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3P-F14.aml by Macman) then put it to Extra folder on ML USB Boot.
- Run Kext Wizard ( Maintenance >> tick all Extra & S/L/E )
- Boot with ( -v GraphicsEnabler=no )
- Mouse/Keyboard working on choose language
- Open disk utility and erase my hdd
- Continue installing without any failed ( say good bye to fail with 3 minutes left again )
- Done install ML
- Restart ML and on boot type ( -v GraphicsEnabler=no )
- Setup name,password and etc
- Done ( ML completed install )
- Copy back ATI6000Controller.kext and paste to ML desktop (files is hidden,so need open terminal and type default write com.apple like 2nd step )>> download KextBeast and run
- Restart and on boot type -v only
- My graphics totally awesome :)
- Paste my DSDT on ML desktop >> run multibeast 4.6.1 >> tick userDSDT install & System Utilities >> done install >> reboot >> take out ML USB Boot
- Login back to install sound & network >> multibeast 4.6.1 ( Sound - Patched AppleHDA 889 ) ( Network - Lnx2Mac's )
- Done install and reboot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back